Battle Scars / Bill *trigger warning*

"Bill?" Maegan's voice echoed through the Burrow, yet there was no reply. Great, she thought, he isn't here. She sighed and was about to go to Mrs Weasley in the kitchen and tell her she was leaving again when Ron rushed up to her.

"He's in his room." He said quickly, and Maegan nodded. "Okay, thanks." Ron smiled her way. "You're welcome. Good luck." He seemed to know what she was here for, and Maegan managed a weak smile at the thought.

She'd never been particularly close to Bill, had always seen him as an older brother because of her close friendship with Fred and George. She was in the same year as them, so only had one vague year with Bill there before he left Hogwarts.

Although, she was close to all of the Weasleys. Charlie especially, who was much like the twins and definitely attractive. He was, for a while, Maegan's crush, who had always had quite a thing for older guys.

She hadn't been the most attractive in her first two years of attending Hogwarts, but she had never had a lot of self-esteem, even when she spent her school years around Fred and George, who never failed to use her as a guinea pig for new pranks or, towards their last year, their products.

However, she had a bit of a problem. And, a few weeks ago, Bill had found out. It wasn't exactly like she knew Bill well, but for him out of everyone to find out first, well, that left Maegan extremely anxious.

She guessed that George knew, who had always been more observant of her actions and always been the one to comfort her, while Fred had been the one cheering her up. George of course did so as well, but he always made sure that if she wanted, she could come to him for a shoulder to cry on.

Maegan sighed at the thoughts and memories that were rushing through her head, slowly making her way up the stairs of the Burrow.

The Battle of Hogwarts had put a lot of pressure on her, and even though she was an accomplished Auror, she had been terrified. Not for herself, but for everybody around her.

She ran her hand through her hair, remembering she had tied it up into a bun and pulled her hand away. She was extremely nervous, and didn't exceptionally want to speak to Bill after what he caught her doing.

Who would've thought an Auror and a Gryffindor would do that? It made her cringe and wonder if he thought any less of her now.

At Ginny's birthday dinner, Maegan had had one of the emotional outbursts. It happened more often now than in her school year, because at that time she spent a lot of time with Fred and George, who helped a lot. But now, she was alone most of the time and she always doubted herself.

It wasn't even normal anymore, everyone at the dinner had probably seen her eyes well with tears as she excused herself with a trembling voice and rushed to the bathroom. She had been stupid enough to forget to lock the door in any magical way, and so with a simple spell anybody could have come in.

But, at the time her only focus was to make the pain go away, which only happened when her fingers reached for a blade she always kept with her, and sliced her arm.

During the battle she had been hit in the arm, which had left quite a scar there, so nobody really noticed the other small scars that surrounded it. The battle had caused this, just before it when she knew that they were going to have to fight and she might lose her friends.

Her parents had been on the wrong side, on Voldemort's side. It hadn't helped, and so there she sat, back against the wall with her arm vulnerable and covered in blood.

That was when he had walked in and seen it. He hadn't said anything, really, or at least she didn't remember. Her mind had been hazy and she couldn't seem to form any coherent thoughts about that moment except for when he walked in.