Kissin' On My Tattoos

August

He smiled, relief and a faint layer of cold sweat washed over him but quickly evaporated. "Aight. How about you go on and get yo part done, fam?"

Wayne nodded and pressed the power button on his phone to turn the screen off as he slid it back inside the front pocket of his skinny jeans. He walked into the soundproof chamber and shut the door behind them. Staring at the microphone, he paused for a bit to think before he cleared his throat and beyond spitting rhymes.

August just sat back and watched the master work his magic with the headphone over his ears so he could listen in. It made him all giddy on the inside and filled with glee, like a child on Christmas morning unwrapping the first of many gifts.

It took Wayne just twenty minutes to have his part finished. He strolled out of the studio with a soft smirk on his face. "Your turn." He said, pulling out his phone; checking it for texts.

"Aight." August chuckled, taking a bottle of water and his lyric sheet with him just in case he needed a little reference here and there.

When he got up, Wayne took his seat and looked down at his phone with a soft smile. He sent a quick text and looked up, watching the headphone slide over August's ears. He flicked a switch on the master board so he could hear him sing, when you've been in this business for as long as Wayne, you know what every single button and switch does. He sighed softly and leaned back in the chair, grabbing his drink and taking a sip.

He watched August look over his song lyrics with a void expression on his face. His phone vibrated and he smiled, looking down to answer the text.

At this point August started to sing.

Wayne didn't lie, he thought the kid had some real talent. He was surprised BirdMan didn't snatch him up and take advantage of him. But eh, didn't quite look like Birdman's type. Too short. Too light. Too thin and lanky. He laughed under his breath and gently spun around in the office chair thinking of his plans after this. Lunch probably and then maybe a trip to a skate park. Yeah, that sounded good to him.

So caught up in his dream world he didn't even realized August had finished until he came out asking what he thought about it.

Wayne didn't hesitant to vaguely reply, "Let's see after we listen to the demo together. Then we can get shit tweaked. But you probably know how remixes go." He added being a little petty.

August didn't catch it. "Nah mane, ma second remix," He remembered what Jeff has said about mentioning Nicki's name so he avoided that nightmare, "My first had to be all ripped up cause the other artist sung and spit a few rhymes in the middle."

Wayne nodded, not really caring as to who the singer maybe hinting towards. "Really to listen to this?"

August pulled up the other black leather office chair and took a seat beside the older man. He nodded his head and set his closed water bottle off to the side, the lyrics folded and secure in his pocket.

"Aight." Wayne pressed the play button and laid back to listen to there work so far.

[Intro: Lil Wayne]
New Orleans boys
You heard me

[Verse 1: Lil Wayne]
I got that ratchet on me few pills on me
A young bitch with no miles on her
She don't suck dick then I don't want her
Cause I know Ima go down on her
I know she think I gon' throw thous on her
Imma kill that pussy throw flowers on her
Act like its mine like I'm a proud owner
Then Imma get ghost town on her
Imma give her head 'til her toes curl
We gon' conversate we gon' soul search
She asked if I fucked her home girl
I froze up its a cold world
I smoke fat blunts and white boys
No pun intended
It ain't no fun if the hommies can't have none she stingy
If she nasty she get commended
If she classy she get suspended
If she passive freak and friendly
And she bring something to swim in
Then bitch get on my wave, bitch get on my wave
She kiss me on my tats and I kiss her on her cat
(Tunechi)