Failure

August

It was around seven that night when August sent the text message that Kirko had been waiting all evening for.

'Bout to go out to the club and smash a couple tricks, drink a couple drinks, fire a couple blunts and call it a night about midnight or two in the morning.

Well that was Kirk's plan anyway, August just wanted to spend some more time around him and get him sloppy drunk, because you know why the hell not? Maybe he would even give him some then.

He smirked at the thought as he hit the send button on the short message he just quickly typed.

'Aye mane. There's a pretty dope ass club on 26 and Main called 'The Tease'. Where you at?'

A few minutes later, around five at the most, Kirko replied.

'My hotel room at The Kingston Review. The one on 108 North Hamilton Drive. Y?'

August replied almost instantly.

'Cuz I can come get you if you want.'

'Aye thanks fam. Gimme about thirty minutes to turn my swag on 😂'

August laughed.

'I see you 😂 holla at me when you done doe.'

'Aight fam. I'll holla back in a minute.'

August set his phone down on his nightstand and got up off his bed to check himself in the mirror. He made a face and opened a drawer, reached in and pulled out a little container of shea butter so he could do his hair in some of those thick twists he liked to wear. So he grabbed a wide tooth comb and some alligator clips and started off by sectioning his hair out. Then he combed it, twisted it, and finally applied a little shea butter mainly at the ends to keep the twists in places. His entire head took around ten or fifteen minutes to do and after he was done he checked back with his phone just to make sure that Kirko hadn't texted him back or anything. Which he hadn't so August returned back to the bathroom to continue freshening up.

He took his clothes off and redressed himself in something more comfortable and laid back. A black button up shirt, white skinnys and some black Timberlands. He put his prescription sunglasses on and sprayed his chest in time for the alarm on his phone to echo into the room. He sighed and winked at himself in the mirror before walking out of the room.

He picked his phone up and read the message.

'Ready when U R.'

'Aight. Just got done. Lemme ride over there and pick you up.'

'Aight fam, I'll just hang tight.'

August put his phone in his pocket and reached his keys off his dresser. Tonight since he waited to impressed Kirk he would be driving his 2019 black Lamborghini with a sunroof.

He got into said automobile and immediately drove off in the direction his GPS advised him to, which just so happened to be left.

Chris

He carefully pushed Cameron and Carmella's door ajar and smiled warmly at the sight of them both sleeping in Carmella's bed. It wasn't a strange sight, it happened like that almost every night when they weren't both share his bed with him. Apparently the weaker twin naturally clings to the more dominant one, so really it was just nature's way.

Now that his kids was asleep he could finally take a nice hot bubble bath and relax in the bathroom listening to music. Exactly what he wanted to do all day.