Chapter 1: Relapse

AMY'S POV

I had lasted nearly 13 months. A year and just under a month without drinking alcohol. I was so proud of myself, my friends were proud of me, but best of all, my family were proud of me. But that all changed within the blink of an eye.

*A WEEK EARLIER*

It was October 22nd, my birthday. I walked into the club and inhaled the scent of alcohol and sweat. I witnessed people propped up against the bar, attempting to stand up. It was a sight I was all too familiar with. Just over a year ago that would have been me, hunched over a stool, getting wasted.

I walked over to the bar with my friend. "You want a drink babe?" A man leaning next to me asked as his intoxicated scent hung in the air. "Erm, no thanks" I said in an unsure tone, as I looked at my friend next to me smiling. "A coke for me please" I said to the bar man as he handed it over the bar.

Me and my friend made our way over to our group of friends, laughing at the back of the club.

I couldn't help thinking about the offer that man gave me. I would have loved to accept it. I was craving a drink. I don't know why because I had avoided it for so long, but I wanted to get wasted. To feel the drink hit the back of my throat and burn the sides as it slipped down. I wanted to feel it scorching inside my mouth once again. To have that buzz back.

My palms started to sweat as I though about it. I quickly headed to the bathroom, taking each step felt like a mission.

I leant over the sink and turned the tap on. I splashed a little water on my face to try and get these thoughts to go away. To leave me alone before I made the wrong decision, again. I couldn't fight the urge.

I stormed out of the bathroom and walked over to the bar, where the man still remained. "So, how about that drink?" I asked the handsome man, with a wink.

"Sure" he signalled to the bar tender to get us some drinks.

When the drink came I stared at it for a split second, barely hesitating I threw it to the back of my throat, relishing the feeling as my taste buds tingled.

"Another" I demanded as the man hit me up again.

The next thing I knew I was waking up in an unfamiliar bed. This story was all too familiar though. Get wasted. End up in a strangers bed.

A figure stood at the door, "Don't worry, I slept on the couch sweetie" the tall, muscular figure explained.

I moaned, "Oh, uuumm.. What happened?"

"You got wasted and passed out, I couldn't just leave you at the club could I?" The man chuckled.

I smiled, "ermm thanks, did we...umm.."

"No, nothing happened" The man assured me.

Was this really happening? I had let everyone down, an it wasn't the first time. What was I going to do?

*PRESENT DAY*

I stepped out of my car, locking it as i did so. I was so nervous. I headed over to the hall on the other side of the road. There was a sign on the door that read, "Help is here. You have a voice. You have a choice."

I rolled my eyes as I walked into the hall. The room was small and a circle of chairs were set up in the middle. There was a table at the side stacked with plastic cups and water jugs. I had been here before, and now I'm back again, I thought to myself.

"I can't do this again" I said as I turned to walk back out the door.

"You can do this." The figure in front of me said. As the masculine figure came close I paused, "I...Its...OMG..No it cant be.." I stuttered as I grinned at the man dressed in a scruffy hoodie, jeans and a pair of spotlessly clean Nike Jordans.

"Hey, Im Ben, Ben Haggerty. Who might you be?" The familiar face asked.