Chapter 21: NYC

Chapter 21: NYC

*A week later*

AMYS POV

I hung up the phone to my Father. I had told him about my relapse. He sounded sympathetic but I knew he was dissapointed, I could hear it in his voice. He insisted I went to stay with him for a while but I declined the offer, telling him about Ben's show in New York City. I told him it was just what I needed to take my mind off of the last week.

I grabbed my bag and headed down the stairs of the apartment block to wait for Ryan. Ben shortly followed after me.

I sat on the step outside, as ben walked out mumbling to himself,

"Right so I've got my passport, phone, plane tickets, bags, what am I missing?" He said, with a puzzled look on his face.

"Wallet" I simply said with a chuckle.

"Shit. Yeah!" He ran back up the stairs as Ryan pulled up.

He stepped out of the car and I walked over to him giving him a massive hug.

"How are you?" He asked. He knew about the relapse.

"Im fine, how about you?" I asked, brushing the question over to him.

"Amy. How are you?" He said with a stern look on his face.

"Im okay, I promise" I slightly smiled.

He nodded.

I went to pick my bags up, but Ryan took them out of my hands, putting them in the trunk of the car. I opened the car door and sat in the back seat. Jackie turned around from her position in the front passenger seat.

"Heyyy" she said greeting me.

I returned the welcome as I saw Ben run back out the doors to the apartment. He walked over to Ryan and they started talking, I could only make out a few words...

"I....worried...Amy..weird"

Were the few words I made out from Bens muffling.

Ryan replied,

"I know...not herself.."

I made out every other word or so.

Ben opened the car door and I acted as if I hadn't heard a thing. He sat next to me and linked his fingers into mine, bringing them up to his mouth and kissing them.

"LETS GOOOO" Ryan shouted as he started the engine.

I didn't really speak for much of the ride. I just watched the cars pass outside the window, and occasionally turned to Ben who seemed to be constantly staring at me.

BENS POV

When we arrived at the airport we checked in our bags and headed for the nearest starbucks. We sat at a table and waited for our drinks. I turned to Amy and smiled, she leaned forward and placed a kiss on my lips,

"Ooo what was that for?" I asked, excitedly.

"I just love you thats all" She simply replied.

I smiled and kissed her once again.

I wondered if she had heard what Ryan and I had been talking about earlier. About how she was acting weird. How she wasn't herself. I told him we had to make this trip special to keep her mind off things. He agreed. I was going to ask her to move in at some point of this trip. She pretty much lived with me since we got back from San Fran anyway, but I wanted it to be her permanent home. Our permanent home. Until we found something more spacious of course.

"You two just cant keep your hands off each other can you?" Ryan laughed.

"Says you man" I replied, nodding towards Jackie.

He grabbed Jackie's hand and kissed her tightly.

"See what I mean" I said to him, laughing.

"Its not my fault she's so beautiful!" Ryan said, placing another kiss on Jackie's blushing face.

Our drinks came and we all went to meet the crew. Where was Tricia? I asked Zach.

"Her mum's in hospital, she had a car accident so she's staying at home to look after her" He told me.

A worried look crossed my face. Tricia's mum had helped me through so much, and although me and Tricia weren't together anymore I had to check if she was okay. I unlocked my phone and typed a text to Tricia..

"Hey Trish. I just heard about your Mum. Im so sorry to hear she's in hospital. Send her my love and keep me updated."

Minutes later she text me back,

"Hey Ben. Thanks for your concern. Mum's just a bit battered and bruised, she has a broken arm but nothing too bad. I will send your love to her and will update you. Sorry I couldn't be at the show, good luck."

I smiled, I was glad her mum was okay and also glad that Tricia and I could still talk and be good friends. I locked my phone and put my arm around Amy as the announcement came through that our flight was ready to board. We all made our way to the flight and found our seats.

*Around 6 hours later*

AMYS POV

We were waiting at baggage claim at JFK to collect our bags. It was a never ending cycle of suitcases. I opened up my Instagram and snapped a photo of me sitting on Ben's lap waiting for our cases. I captioned it, "Finally in NYC...Love this Man x".

When all the crew had finally found their bags we headed to the cars that waited outside for us. There were 2 big black suv type vans.

AMYS POV

Me, Ben, Ryan, Jackie, Anna, Owuor and Anyango bundled into the first car.

Anyango was Anna and Owuor's daughter. She came and sat straight on my lap. She was the cutest 3 year old ever. She played with my hair as Ben made her giggle by tickling her. Ever since I had been introduced to Anyango she would refer to me as Aunty Amy. I liked that.

When we arrived at our hotel we were swarmed by fans around the car. They were banging on the windows and screaming 'Macklemore' & 'Ryan' .

"You ready?" Ben said as the car came to a stand still.

"Yep!" I said energetically, as we all climbed out of the car and made our way through the crowd and into the hotel. We checked in and headed up to our room. All the crew were on the same floor which was good.

BENS POV

We walked into our room and Amy layed down on the bed and turned on the massive flat screen tv that covered the opposite wall.

I came and sat next to her, playing with her hair. We're going out in about an hour so we should probably get ready.

I got up and unzipped my case.

"Man I need a shower, fancy joining me ?" I winked at Amy.

"You dont have to ask me twice!" She said back.