Chapter 4: Haggerty & Thompson

BENS POV

I walked out of the shop, looking back through the glass at the cute smile Amy was still giving me. Man she was fine! I smiled back and I walked down the street. The studio was only around the corner, about a 5 minute walk.

My phone started to ring. It was Ryan. "Hey man" I said as I answered. "Ben, where are you?" He asked me.

"Im 5 minutes away i'll be there soon" I assured him.

"Okay, see you then" he replied.

My phone beeped again, man Ryan was impatient, I thought, but it wasn't him. It was a text from Amy, giving me her address for tomorrow. I text back,

"Thanks Thompson ;)" I smiled to myself.

I walked into the studio, smiling like crazy. "Whats up Bro you look really happy?" Ryan asked in a confused voice.

"Ah, nothing. Just met up with a new friend" I said, still grinning.

"A female one I'm guessing?" He winked.

"Maybe" I smiled back.

"Anyway what you got?" I asked him, nodding towards his computer.

"I got a dope beat going, here listen" He handed me his headphones. He was right. It had an exciting rhythm to it. I trusted Ryan. His opinion and him in general. He knew what he was doing and he was good at his job. He had supported me so much through everything. He was a brother, not by blood, but still a brother.

RYANS POV

Ben had a wide grin from ear to ear. It had been awhile since i'd seen him this happy. It must have something to do with a girl. He had a way of seducing women. His personality, his looks, his voice, everything. I was slightly jealous when we first started working together. He would get all the credit, all the girls, and I was just in the background. But things had changed over the last few years. I met Jackie, the love of my life. I was getting noticed for my beats and people wanted to interview me too, not just Ben. Everything was great.

I heard a ping as I looked at ben and saw him slipping his phone out of his pocket and smiling as he read a text. Who was it from? I wondered.

He looked up, realising I was waiting to be filled in on who he was talking to.

"Just a friend. I invited her to our show tomorrow. Shes a big fan." He explained.

He hadn't mentioned a new friend. A new female friend.

AMYS POV

I walked in the front door to my apartment and took my coat off. I headed straight to my bedroom, chucking my coat onto the unmade bed. I unlocked my phone and composed a message to Ben...

*text*

Me: "Just wanted to thank you for the coffee today. It was nice! See you tomorrow."

I hope he replies, I thought to myself, anxiously waiting for a text back. A few minutes later my phone beeped..

Ben: "Hey Amy! Dont mention it, it was my pleasure. I'll pick you up at 4pm tomorrow. See you then!"

I couldn't believe he actually replied. Yay!

BENS POV

I sent her a text back telling her what time I would pick her up. Ryan stared at me, and I explained who she was. I left out the part about her being seriously hot, cute, funny and amazing, because I knew he would tease me.

When me and Ryan had finally finished off at the studio we said good bye and I walked back to my car that was still parked down the street from the hall where I had met Amy.

I unlocked it, slumping down into the seat. I loved this car. It was an old school caddy. Two seater with tints and white walls round the spokes. Its candy paint was fresh.

I drove back to my apartment. The one me and Trisha had shared. Now it was empty, she had boxed up all her stuff and it felt lonely. The shell of the bedroom we shared left with a painting hanging on the wall, an unmade bed, a drawer and countless pairs of Airmaxs, Jordans and various other shoes spread across the floor.

I went into the kitchen and opened the fridge. All I saw in front of me was microwave meals for 1 and cans of soda. I grabbed a soda. Not feeling like eating. People think because i've become a lil famous I have an exciting life. Nope! I hated the term 'famous', it implied I was a different person due to 'fame' which was not true. Im the same man I was when we used freestyle at the park. Apart from being sober now. I never thought i'd be able to call myself sober.