Chapter23: NYC Show

Chapter 23: NYC Show

*At The Venue*

BENS POV

I walked into the dressing room to see Amy and Ryan sitting on the couch, Amy was on her laptop and Ryan was observing the screen and talking to her. I went and stood behind Amy, bending down and placing my arms around her, looking at what she was doing.

I saw she was editing some of the photos from the San Francisco show and uploading them onto macklemore.com .

I smiled, "Wow. They are amazing!" I said, checking out the last of the photos.

Ryan pointed at the screen, "This ones my favourite!"

It was a picture of him and Jackie kissing each other, he had his hand on her stomach and held her close. Amy had blurred the picture around them and turned it into black and white, leaving Ryan and Jackie in colour and focusing in on them. It was a great photo.

I kissed her on the forehead. She shuffled the laptop over to Ryan who checked out the rest of the photos. She then stood up and made her way around the couch until she was stood in front of me.

AMYS POV

As I approached Ben I put my arms around his waist and pulled myself into his chest, hugging him. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up and spun me around.

"Bennnnn" I screamed and laughed.

Ben put me down and I grabbed onto his shirt to stop myself from falling, due to now having double vision.

Zach walked in and laughed at the both of us.

"Sound check boys" He then told Ben and Ryan.

Ryan stood up, headed over to Jackie and placed a long kiss on her lips and one on her stomach,

"I'll be back soon guys" He said softy.

He was going to be a great father, I could tell.

Ben placed a long kiss on my lips and told me he'd come find me when he was done. I nodded and returned to my laptop, uploading the last of the photos to the website. I then grabbed my camera and headed for the stage.

I walked out as Ben and Ryan were playing with the laptop that was set up at Ryan's station on a pedi stool at the back of the stage. I took some photos of them deep in thought, playing around with the beats and then laughing around.

*4 hours later*

BENS POV

When me and Ryan were done on stage with sound check, we went to find Amy and Jackie. They were sitting in the dressing room talking about the baby.

"So what do you want a boy or girl?" I heard Amy ask as we walked towards the dressing room door.

"I just want a healthy baby, I dont mind if it's a boy or girl" Jackie replied.

Me and Ryan walked in,

"Me too. But a girl would be nice. Daddy's little princess." Ryan said with a grin as he walked over and sat next to Jackie, kissing her forehead.

"You guys will be the best parents!" I said, smiling at them.

"Thanks Man. I appreciate that!" Ryan said in a happy manor.

"Shall we go get a snack before the show? We have about 2 hours..." Ryan said looking around at us all.

"Yeah sure" I said.

Amy and Jackie both looked at each other and smiled,

"DUNKIN' DOUGHNUTS!" They both shouted. Me and Ryan laughed,

"Looks like its dunkin' doughnuts then.." I said chuckling.

We exited through the back entrance and were approached by a few dedicated, early fans. We spent time talking to them and taking pictures. When we were done we thanked them for supporting us and headed down the road. I tried to shield my face with a baseball cap and my hood over the top. Ryan just had his hood up. It had worked, until we got swarmed by papz as we walked into Dunkin' D's. We ordered a box of 20 doughnuts, figuring we could treat the crew. I clutched the box as we exited and attempted to battle through papz and fans that had discovered where we were. How did they know?

AMYS POV

The papz were shouting questions at us...

"Do you like Tricia?"

"Ben.....Amy or Tricia?"

"Amy have you recovered from your relapse?"

I looked at Ben as they questioned me about my relapse. He looked confused as did I. How did they know about that? Someone at one of my meetings must have recognised me as Ben's girlfriend and spilt the news. Why would they do that? They know how hard its been!

I turned my face down and looked at my feet as we jumped in a taxi and headed back to the venue. The whole taxi ride I sat in silence. Everyone had heard the question so they all knew why I wasn't talking.

"Who gives a shit what they have to say they know nothing" Ryan assured me.

"Ryan's right, who are they to judge you?" I looked up at ben and snuggled into his arms that were wrapped around me. I was not letting it get to me. I had no more tears to cry. I was looking to the future and forgetting the past.

BENS POV

We stepped out of the taxi and scrambled back into the venue through the back door. It was about an hour until show time and we walked into the dressing room where all the crew sat with drinks. I placed the box on the table and opened it to reveal the delicious contents. The crew made an "oooo" noise collectively as they each picked up a doughnut.

"Thanks guys!" Andrew, our violinist, said, tucking into his.

Amy picked one and took a chunk out of it. I laughed as I saw she had sugar coating her lips,

"What?" She asked, unaware.

I kissed her lips, transferring the sugar to mine. She laughed,

"Don't worry, I've got it" I told her, licking my lips.

*A few hours later*

"As you all probably know I have a beautiful girlfriend called Amy. I love her more than anything and she is one of the only people that makes me truly happy, and I hope you can all respect that. Now I would like to dedicate this song to her, as I know it is special." I announced to the crowd as the opening bars to Starting Over came on.

I looked to the side of the stage to see Amy lower her camera and a tear roll down her eyes,

"I love you" she mouthed to me.

"I love you too" I mouthed back, as I began to sing.

*After the show*

I ran off stage and Amy ran towards me. She jumped into my arms and I held her. We stood there for a moment, not saying a word, just getting lost in each others arms. She pulled away and placed a long kiss on my lips.

"Ben I dont know what to say other than I love you" She said, with a smile from ear to ear. I looked down at her.

"You dont have to say anything boo. I love you too." I simply replied as I grabbed both her hands and kissed them.