Chapter43:Taunting

Chapter43: Taunting

AMYS POV

For the rest of the day Ben spoilt me, buying me shoes, giving me lots of hugs and kisses, trying to make me forget about Mike. I could still see how angry he was but he covered it up, acting extremely happy.

BENS POV

Every time I looked at Amy I could see the hurt hiding in her eyes. I tried to take her mind off of it, hoping to see her smile, which she did a few times.

We had a nice day around Dublin, exploring the city and listening to my Dad telling old Haggerty family stories from when he was younger and would visit Dublin. It was intriguing how this was the place where our name began, this very city.

It was now 4 pm and we had just left a restaurant and were heading back to the hotel. As we approached I saw the same hooded figure that we had encountered earlier. This time he was outside our hotel. How did he know where we were staying? I was pretty sure he was stalking us or something. Amy hadn't spotted him. I motioned her brother over to take her inside, whilst I got rid of Mike, the hooded man. Andrew took her in so she didnt see Mike and I approached him.

"Look, she doesn't want to see you ok. After what you did to her I'm not surprised. Now back off." I told him, trying not to draw attention to us.

He pulled down his hood and stepped closer to me. I hadn't realised before, but he was around the same height as me, and I was pretty tall.

"What are you gunna do huh?" He said, pressing his finger up against my chest.

"You'll find out if you don't leave." I said abruptly as he backed down and pushed past me.

"She's a dirty whore anyway" He chuckled as he walked past.

I grabbed his shoulder and twisted him around so we were face to face before extending my arm quickly and punching him, catching his mouth.

I never resulted to violence, but in this case, it felt like the right option. He was a bully and I wasn't going to let him scare Amy.

RYANS POV

I saw Ben approach Mike as I tried to act like nothing was happening. Andrew shuffled Amy towards the elevator,

"Where's Ben?" She asked, worried.

"He's just coming" I told her as I gave Andrew a panicking glance. I saw Amy look over my shoulder, her eyes widened. Oh shit.

She stared out the window at Ben and Mike, all of a sudden Ben swung for Mike and hit him in the face. Nice shot, I thought, but Amy didn't think the same. She ran past me and out the door,

"Ben! I told you to leave it, he's not worth it!" She screamed, tears streaming down her face.

"Im sorry. I cant let him get away with how he's treated you!" Ben shouted back.

I noticed a load of papz running over and photographing the whole incident. Great, thats just what we need. I walked over and grabbed Ben's arm.

"Lets go inside" I said, pushing him towards the door, but he wouldn't budge. He pushed my arm away and walked over to Amy.

Mike stood up and brushed himself off, wiping his bloody lip and laughing.

"I didn't think about what I was doing Amy I'm sorry I was stupid." He said, trying to pull her into a hug, but she stepped away.

"He wanted you to punch him Ben. He was taunting you." She declared.

I pulled them both under my arms and took them inside the hotel, away from the papz. By this time Mike had walked off. There was speculation building in the hotel lobby. People were whispering about what had just happened,

"Macklemore just punched a dude!" I heard someone tell their friend.

BENS POV

We all walked out of the elevator and onto our floor. I told Ryan I would speak to Amy alone to explain myself. He nodded and I guided Amy into our room.

She sat on the bed and a tear rolled down her face.

"Amy. Im so sorry." I sat next to her and put my head in my hands.

"I don't know what came over me. He just said something and I flipped." I explained, running a hand through my hair.

"You dont understand though Ben. He thinks he's won now. He wanted that to happen. You'll be the one with the bad reputation in the news not him." She looked at me with her tear stained eyes.

I placed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"As long as you're safe I dont care what they say about me" I told her with a loving smile.

"But I care, because you're not a bad person. You dont deserve to get dragged into this." She put a hand up to my cheek.

"I got involved because I want to protect you. I will never see you hurt. Let the papers talk shit! They dont know the truth." I told her, placing a kiss on her lips.

"I love you okay. Always will. Im here to keep you safe Baby" I told her.

She smiled.

"I love you too Ben. Thank you for sticking up for me." She put her head into my chest and I squeezed her tight.

*An Hour Later*

We met the rest of the crew downstairs and Andrew and Ryan asked if everything was ok. I told them it was all fine now. That was probably a lie, but I didn't want to explain everything.

We got into the cars and headed for the airport.

When we arrived we got a starbucks before boarding the plane. I sat next to Amy but she was pretty quiet since we left the hotel. I thought she might be a bit embarrassed.

"You okay?" I asked with a grin.

"Yeah fine" she smiled back, taking my hand and holding it tight.

"Bye Dublin, See ya soon!" I said before we took off.