Chapter 53: Face Her

"Morning Ru-!"

Yang paused in front of the doorway. "Oh, sorry. Was I interrupting something?" she mocked, impervious to the figurative daggers Weiss was throwing at her.

"Wut?" Ruby sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Why do you always have to wake me up like this?"

"Because I want to," Yang teased. "And you don't wanna miss breakfast, do you? I just made pan-oof!"

At the word "breakfast", Ruby leaped out of the bed and practically bowled her older sister over. ((BEKFAST))

"And there she goes," Yang chuckled, having caught herself by the doorframe. She pulled herself up and glanced back at Weiss. "Sooo..."

"What?" the annoyed heiress glowered.

"Did you kiss?"

"N-no!" Weiss grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it at the mischievous blonde as hard as she could, but it wasn't enough. The pillow plopped down in front of its intended target.

Yang shrugged. "You tried."

"And you ruined it," the ticked-off heiress muttered under her breath. "Don't you have anything better to do than to barge in on everyone at the worst moments?"

"No, not really."

"Ugh!" Weiss furiously kicked off the blanket and got up in a manner that caused Yang to giggle. Annoying people was so fun.

"To be honest, I was surprised to find you in here," the blonde admitted. "It wasn't like I was trying to cut off your sexy make-out session."

The fuming heiress stormed over to the door, having to look up at Yang but still trying to look as menacing as possible. "We were not going to 'make out'. She was asleep!"

Yang's eyebrows shot up. "Oh, so you're that desperate?"

"Shut up," the blushing heiress growled. "Where are these foolish accusations even coming from? You have no idea why I was there in the first place!"

"I didn't, but you just told me," the mischievous older girl said with a smirk. "And I think Ruby's the only one who hasn't clued in on the sudden liking you've taken to her."

Weiss huffed. "Where's the proof, then?"

Yang tapped her chin. "Well... You went out of your way to check on her, even though you knew you'd be punished. You slept in her bed. Next to her. And don't mention the time you-"

"I get it!" Weiss shouted, stomping her foot in frustration. "Just stop!"

"You're the one who asked," the blonde shrugged. "It's a wonder you two aren't all lovey-dovey yet. I get why Ruby's scared shitless of you, but you have no excuse."

"What is that supposed to mean?!" Weiss demanded, barely holding her ground.

Yang locked eyes with the snowy-haired girl and lowered her tone. "All I have to say is that you'd better take this little bit of advice. Treat my sister like the perfect angel she is. Break her heart or hurt her in any way, and I'll find you, no matter how far you run."

Ruby's protective older sister's burning gaze told Weiss that Yang wasn't messing around. The meek heiress gulped in fear.