Afterword and Special Thanks

It all began with a passion for writing and a love for white rose. Here we are, almost three years later, with over 68 chapters of content (I couldn't bring myself to end at 69 😂) and 17k+ reads!

When I began writing, I thought, "How cool would it be if Ruby and Weiss were in a fencing AU?" I had no idea what fencing was about (and there's still so much I have yet to learn. I suck at fencing btw 😂). This fan fiction was initially meant for myself, as a sort of hobby or a way of venting my obsession with white rose. Wattpad was my outlet, and if a few people stumbled across it and decided they liked it, then all the better! I never expected my writing to become this popular.

Believe it or not, the plot was mostly improvised. I didn't know where I wanted to take the story besides Ruby and Weiss meeting and trying to be all cool by waving some swords around, but in the end they're just beautiful gay children. While maintaining consistency proved difficult, improv writing was surprisingly rewarding and gave my writing the ability to grow with me. Will I try it again? Probably not 😂

En Garde! made it to the end, and it's all because of you guys. Without readers encouraging me to continue writing, I would've lost motivation on this project long ago. I want—no, I NEED—to thank all of you, my precious readers, from the bottom of my heart. And even though they likely won't read this, I'd like to thank Monty Oum (rest his beautiful soul) and everyone in CRWBY for their hard work. Watching them build an entire animated series from the ground up inspired me to fulfill my goal of completing my own story (even though it's based on my favorite show and, let's be honest, is far from a professional's work).

I learned so much from this experience and hope to deliver even better stories for many years to come. While life has thrown all sorts of crazy-stressful situations at me, it hasn't stopped my continuous flow of creativity. In fact, I've already brainstormed about a dozen possible stories to work on next. Stick around, and you just might get to read a couple of them ;)

Again, thank you all for reading En Garde! A RWBY White Rose Fanfiction. Your support has gone further than you know!

With love,

SkarletForestfire (Sky, Skee, and many other dumb nicknames)