Chapter 38: At Home

"Slide to the left! Slide to the right!"

Weiss made the mistake of letting Ruby choose the song they were going to dance to. Never had the heiress seen anyone do the Cha-cha Slide as smoothly and perfectly as her rival did. The younger girl definitely knew it by heart.

Every time they "turned the dial" and Weiss had to look at Ruby's back, it wasn't really her back that caught her eye. The brunette's hypnotically swaying hips didn't lie. Only when they turned once more was Weiss forced to concentrate on following the song's instructions.

"Man, I destroyed you!" Ruby laughed when they got their results.

"You are the one who picked the song," Weiss grumbled.

"That I was," Ruby responded smugly.

"Damn, she destroyed you," Yang repeated from the doorway.

The two girls whirled around with a start to see a very sweaty blonde wearing nothing but a sports bra and (really, really short) shorts.

"The heck, Yang?!" Ruby exclaimed.

Weiss immediately turned back around, knowing that what she had just seen could not be unseen, but could be avoided from ever seeing again. The only problem was that she was met with yet another horrifying sight: the dance replay. Why does it look like I'm staring at her butt the entire time?! she panicked.

"What?" Yang stood there clueless for a second. "Oh, sor~ry, I forgot we had company over."

"That's a horrible excuse," Ruby scolded. "Go take a shower and change into real clothes."

"Alright, mom," the older sister teased, her laugh echoing as she continued down the hallway.

"God, I'm sorry you had to see that," Ruby apologized, returning her attention to the screen. "Aww, why'd you skip the replay?"

"It was an accident," Weiss replied, a light blush tainting her cheeks.

"Looks like someone's a little camera shy," the brunette guessed.

"That wasn't why I--" The heiress bit her tongue. "I told you, it was an accident."

Yeah, right, Ruby mused to herself. You accidentally had your hand icon over the "skip" button for five seconds straight.

"I'm picking the song this time," Weiss demanded.

Ruby gave in. "Fine, fine."

The heiress crossed her arms in triumph and scanned the album list. "Oh my god. Why is there "Single Ladies"?"

"If you like it then you should-a put a ring on it," Ruby sang mockingly, then laughed.

Weiss was not amused.

After a couple more minutes of searching, she finally decided on "Shine".

"Ruby, are you-" Weiss looked to her left and right. Her friend had disappeared. "Ruby?"

"Mmh," came a muffled noise on the bed. "I'm tireddddd."