Ch. 6: Heading Home

The group walked into a tavern, people we're spread about it. Team Theta walked to a six chair table and sat down.

"Well what do you guys want, I'll go get it." Chris asked.

"I'll just have some Cherry Squash soda." James said.

"James, I highly recommend water." Sora said.

"What? Why?" He asked.

"Because you haven't drank water all day, plus you need to stay hydrated." said Sora.

"Alright, fine, I'll take water." James said.

"As will I." Sora smiled.

"Same." Amber said.

"Emily?" Chris asked.

"I'll just go up there with you!" She has a dumb grin on her face. Emily and Chris walked towards the bar.

"I'll take four waters and whatever she wants." Chris pointed to Emily.

"I'll take some Dihydrogen Monoxide please!" She smiled.

The bartender went quiet for a second. "So five waters."

"I want a little pink umbrella in mine." Emily said in a serious tone.

The two walked back with everyone's drinks. Then they sat down, Emily at the head of the table and Chris next to Amber.

"I need to use the restroom." Sora got up and walked off.

James just watched her leave.

Chris took a sip of his water. "So when are you gonna tell Sora you like her?"

James nearly spit out his water. "What!?" He exclaimed. "I don't like Sora!" He blushed.

"It is pretty obvious you do." Amber said smiling.

"Do not!"

"Do too!" Emily exclaimed.

"Do not!"

"Then why are you making a scene?" Chris asked and James looked around to see some people staring at him, he just sat down and remained quiet.

When Sora came out of the bathroom she was interrupted by a muscular man it a black sleeveless shirt and blue jeans, who was obviously drunk.

"Hey there cutie." The man winked.

"Uh h-hello." She looked down.

They began to talk. James stared down the man, just watching. Then Sora walked away and sat next to James.

"Did he hurt you?" James asked worried.

"No! Of course not." Sora looked at James. "He just told me that I'm pretty and I'm a good fighter."

James looked at Emily who was making a kissy face. James blushed and looked down taking a drink of his water.

A few minutes later the Chief of the village walked over and sat in the sixth chair.

"You must be the Chief." Amber said.

"Yes I am." He said. "Chief Whitestar."

"Great!" Chris smiled.

"The bounty said 1,000 Nova right?" Whitestar asked.

"Yes it did." Chris said.

Whitestar nodded putting two small bag pouches of Nova on the table. "I appreciate your help. We never would have beaten them without you."

"Thanks!" Chris smiled as the Chief walked off. "Well we should head home.

"Maybe we can get a ride? I don't want to walk for three hours again." James complained.

"Wouldn't count on it, buddy." Chris said.

They walked out of the tavern and began walking down the path heading to Lexure.

"If we go through the trees, it should be a shortcut right?" James asked.

"Why would you take a short cut, we're almost there." Amber said.

"We're still two hours away!" James exclaimed.

"Go ahead and take the shortcut, we'll meet you there." Said Chris as he, Amber, and Emily began walking. James went through the trees. Sora looked at the group on the path then to James, she ran towards the forest to catch up with James. After a little bit off walking through the forest, Sora heard people talking. "Strange." She thought. She then caught a glimpse of the strangers. They were wearing full black attire with a black mask covering their eyes. Sora gasped and tackled James into a bush covering his mouth.

"Somebody there?" Asked the taller person.

"Hey, probably just an animal." The shorter one said.

"But anyways, like I was saying." The taller one continued. "You ever wonder why we're here?"

"What?"

"Do you ever wonder why we're here?"

"No, why would I think that?"

"It was just a question."

Their voices became too faint to hear. Sora looked down at James. The bush was small so she had to squeeze in, so their faces were about an inch apart. Sora removed her hand as they gazed into each other's eyes which caused them both to blush deeply. Sora slowly and carefully got out of the bush and helped out James.

"We need to warn the others." Sora whispered.

James nodded as the two ran off towards the path. Eventually they ran into the others, Sora and James were panting.

"What took you guys so long? And why are you panting? Did you have that much fun?" Chris asked

"What? No we just ran like half a mile!" James exclaimed.

"James, keep your voice down." Sora said in a whispered yell.

"Guys, calm down, what's going on." Amber asked seriously.

"The Black Lance is here." Sora said.

"Black Lance!?" Emily exclaimed.

"That can't be good, we need to report this to Clark." Chris said as they began running to Lexure. Once they arrived they burst open the door. All of them were panting except for Amber. They walked to the counter, and Chris rang the bell. Harper peeked out from behind the door frame, she smiled and calmly walked up.

"Hello Team Theta! How may I be of assistance?" She asked smiling.

"Harper, where is Clark?" Chris asked seriously.

"He is in his office, why?"

"We need to talk, where's his office?"

"Upstairs just atop this area."

They all walked up the stairs to his office. Chris knocked on the door.

"Come in." Clark said.

"Clark we have urgent news." Chris said as they all walked in.

"Tell me."

"We just spotted Black Lance members not far from here."

Clark nodded. "There will be a clan meeting tomorrow. Go home and get some rest, you all deserve it."

"But Clark w-" Chris was interrupted.

"I said you are excused. Go home." He repeated.

Chris nods and walks out with his team, they headed home to get some rest.