Ch. 25: The Melanzana Clan Tournament

Team Eta was back. Nobody knew where they went except the clan leaders. The tournament was coming up soon and teams everywhere were training. The clan halls were almost entirely empty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lance punched the wall. "Damn! How did they get away!"

"Sir, we have a new candidate." Corker said.

"New candidate?"

"Yes, his name is Slate Vekker."

"Isn't that guy a teacher or something?"

"Yes, but he is growing old. He will not be a nuisance."

"Well all right then. Get a team together Aris."

"Another one? Am I just here for your bidding?" The male asked.

"Of course not! Do you want that power or not?

"Yeah yeah yeah, whatever." Aris said as he walked out.

A couple hours passed as Aris and a bunch of goons went to Risture Island. They camped near the cabin until night fall. Once night hit, they launched their attack. Aris walked along with a few black hat goons behind him. He casually walked up to the door, and knocked.

May Vekker, Slate Vekker's wife, answered. Her hair was a dark shade of red, her eyes a lilac color. She wore a black dress with black sneakers. She looked over the crowd. Aris grew a smirk as he tapped the butt of his cigar making the ashes hit the floor.

May let them in. She was scared and didn't want to cause trouble.

"Hello, gentleman. Can I get you anything?" May asked.

"Water, would be nice." Aris said bluntly.

May walked off in to the kitchen.

Aris sat down across from his target, Slate.

"Why are you here?" Slate said bluntly. His eyes were a deep blue and his hair was black. He wore a black apron with a white undershirt with grease stains, and plain blue jeans. He had goggles on his head with blue lenses.

"Oh, I could be here for many reasons. I could be here for the drinks, the food, the stunning lady in the kitchen, or I'm here for you."

Slate clenched his fists as he heard the mention of his wife. "Tell me why, or get out."

"Quite the feisty one aren't ya!"

Slate remained quiet.

"I just need you to read some writing."

"If I'm following the clan leaders word, you need me to read Magorgian?"

"Boy you catch on quick."

"If you're trying to revive the Varjo, using me won't work."

"And, why is that?"

"Everybody knows."

"So, tell me."

"No."

Aris grew frustrated and pulled out his revolver pointing it at Slate. Slate was not effected by it. "Go ahead shoot me. Good luck getting your information then."

Just as he said this May walked out carrying a tray of water for their house guests. Aris smirked and pointed the gun at her. When she realised, she dropped the tray, and stood there not moving a muscle.

Slate let out a low growl. "You need to have certain blood in you. I may be able to speak Magorgian, but I do not have the blood of the tribe that worshipped the Varjo."

Aris pulled back the gun. "Thank you for your cooperation, Slate." Aris said as he began to walk out.

"Ilg rm svoo." Slate said as he walked over to his wife to comfort her.

Aris just whistled as he and the goons headed back to their HQ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the next morning.

"Hello everybody! And welcome to the Melanzana Clan Tournament! My name is Johnny Hork, and this is Eugene Bone! We will be your hosts for this year!"

They entirety of Melanzana was up. Either at the stadium, or home and watching through their TVs. This was the most loved time of Melanzana. To the fair grounds where merchandise were sold all the way to having pictures taken with teams, it was not a time to miss.