Ch. 20: An Informational Talk

A week passed. The clan leaders were sitting around Clark's office. All of the information from the teams have been collected. Abby, the Gold Bow clan leader, was looking at the news paper. The article read: "Team Lambda Slaughtered." Abby let out a sigh. Abby had brown hair and blue eyes, although she had golden contacts. She wore a golden T-shirt and blue jeans.

"They were good people." Clark said.

"They were new." Abby looked down. "Who would slaughter them."

"My guess would be the Black Lance." Leon stated. Leon had a muscular build. His hair was brown and his eyes were cobalt blue. He had a short beard with sideburns. He had blue jeans, a cobalt robe with the sleeves rolled up just past his elbows, and a black undershirt.

Alice groaned. "You always think that." She had white hair covering one of her two silver eyes. Her dress was silver with a white sword design on it.

"That's because it is most of the time."

A knock was heard on the door. Leon opened it. Jake was standing there. The only surviving member of Lambda. His hands were wrapped in bandages the only part being seen were his finger tips. His eyes had bags under them like he hadn't slept for days.

"Jake, please take a seat." Clark said calmly.

Jake gave a nod and sat down.

"Jake, can you tell us about what happened."

Jake sighed. "When we got there, the door was wide open, and the lights were flickering. All the Black  Lance guards were dead. Nobody was left. We started to get the information. Then he appeared. He said nothing, and just walked towards us."

"Can you describe what he looked like?"

"His hair was silver, and his eyes red. He wore a black cloak and a skull mask." Jake clenched his fists only to wince in pain.

"Jake, we want to thank you for your time. If there is anything you need don't hesitate to ask."

Jake nodded and quickly walked out.

"It wasn't Lance." Leon said.

"We know." Alice rolled her eyes.

"Do you have to be like that about everything?"

"Yes."

"Quiet. We still have work to do." Clark said.

"What about the creature Eta ran in to?" Abby asked.

"If the information that the teams brought back is true." Clark sighed. "Then they are trying to revive the Varjo."

The rest of them looked at him shocked. "Why would they be trying to do that?!" Leon exclaimed.

"They believe they can control them." Clark said taking a sip of his coffee.

"What about that Chris fellow? The only person I know who uses a weapon like his is Lance." Alice asked.

"I'll make sure to keep an eye on him." Clark reassured her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at Team Theta's house, it was late in the day. James and Chris were playing video games,  Emily was laying on the floor, Sora was in the middle of the two, and Amber was leaning against the back of the couch watching them.

"May I try?" Sora asked.

"Sure." Chris handed her the remote, and pulled out his chrome. He went on facespace.com, and began scrolling.

James showed Sora the controls and they started. Sora beat James. James looked at the game, then at Sora, at the game, and back at Sora. "Wow, begginers luck."

Sora chuckled. "Shall we go another round?" James nodded and started the round only to get beat again. Amber walked to the kitchen getting a glass of water.

Chris laughed. "How is it you can beat me, but lose to somebody that has never played a game?"

"Shut up!" James yelled.

Chris found a news post and clicked on it. "Dang.."

"What?" Sora looked at him.

"This article says Team Lambda was killed. Except for one of them."

"What killed them?" James asked.

"Says some guy did it."

"Not Liekki, Skugga, or the Black Lance?"

"Nope."

Amber listened from the kitchen. "Says some guy with a skull mask, silver hair, and red eyes killed them." Chris said.

"That's awful.." Sora said.

Amber's eyes widened and she dropped the glass of water. It landed on the ground and shattered. The team looked at her.

"You ok Amber?" Chris asked.

"Yes!" She yelled.

"Are you su-" He was cut off by Amber turning invisible. The front door flew open.

Chris frowned and went to the door running out.

James and Sora looked at each other, and Emily tilted her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sir, Kranor has been spotted at Veseri Lake."

Lance turned around in his chair. "You're sure it's Kranor? Not another damn Kaprosuchus?" Lance had on black pants, a black shirt, and a black fedora with a white feather. Black hair covered one of his blue eyes.

"Positive sir!" The man said.

"Get my airship ready."

"Yes sir." He said walking off. "Corker." Lance said.

Another man walked up. He had brown eyes and hair. A black vest with a red shirt under it and black pants. "Yes?"

"How was it summoned?"

"The files said that Team Eta was assigned that mission. We looked further in to it. Emerald Sayler, his ability allows him to read any language."

"So he said those words on accident?"

"Indeed."

"Aris." He said.

"What?" Aris said pushing up his fedora from the place he was sitting.

"Get a team together. Bring me Team Eta."

Aris nodded and walked off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris came back to the house a few hours after the sun went down.

"Didn't find her?" James asked.

"Nope." Chris sighed and sat on the couch.

"We'll look for her tomorrow." Sora said trying to reassure him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the town of Vesturii was the Gold Bow clan. A team of five walked in. And to the counter ringing the bell. Samuel came out. "How can i help you?"

"I heard you had an opening?" One of them said.

"Yes." Samuel said with a sigh.

"We'll take it."