Ch. 24: The Escape

"Well, I think it's about time to do another mission. The tournament is coming up soon." Chris said standing up.

"You, Amber, and Emily go on ahead." Sora said. "James and I will stay here.

"Okay?" Chris said.

"She's going to help me train." James said.

Chris gave a nod before getting ready. Amber and Emily also got ready. When they were, they walked to the clan hall.

They looked at the job board. Clark came down and to them. "Amber. You are needed." He said taking a sip out of his cup of coffee. She gulped softly, and looked at Chris before walking off with Clark.

James stood up. Him and Sora walked to the backyard.

"Alright, James, swing your sword." Sora said calmly.

James took a stance and swung. His stance was wrong and off balance, but the way he swung his sword wasn't horrible. Still needed work though.

"That was good." Sora smiled and walked up to him. "Now, keep close to the ground, put your dominant foot forward, and keep the grip on your sword tight."

James did what he was told. Sora positioned him correctly. He held up his circular shield, and gripped his sword tightly. "Swing." Sora said. He swung the sword making a small wave of air appear, and making the grass ripple.

"Great!" Sora smiled. "You're better than you think."

Amber walked in the room after Clark. She only saw the Cobalt Axe clan leader, Leon, sitting there. She sat down.

"We just need some answers." Leon said calmly.

Amber nodded.

"Can you tell us about how you met Mace?" Clark asked.

"When I was younger...my parents died. They were killed by the Black Lance."

"How do you know?"

"I just assumed..."

"Go on."

"Well, I was sent to an orphanage because none of my relatives wanted me. I made very little friends there and I was often bullied. Then I met Mace. He scared off the bullies, and I fell in love with him. He was sweet, caring, and loving." She began to tear up.

"So, what happened, Amber?" Leon asked intently.

"I.....I don't know. He became abusive suddenly. Like something just clicked in his mind. He hated everybody, and never helped those in need. Whenever I did something he didn't like he hurt me. So I ran."

"That's strange indeed." Clark said.

Amber nodded looking down.

"And that is all you know?" Leon asked.

Amber nodded. "I'm sorry."

"You are free to go." Clark said.

Amber walked out and to Chris and Emily. Chris let out a sigh, and hugged her. Amber hugged back. Emily awkwardly put her arms around the two. They all pulled back. "We can do a mission tomorrow if you want."

Amber gave a nod. "Yes please."

Chris nodded and they walked back home. Chris had an arm around her as they walked home while Emily just did an obnoxious walk.

They made it home to see James and Sora training. Chris walked out. "Alright! So the tournament is coming up! We need to train, and make team attacks." The team got ready and began to train.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hayden was leading Jessica and Emerald down the hall where they met up with Ruby and Sapphire. Ruby threw Emerald and Jessica their weapons. They were pinned to the wall by machine gun users.

"What do we do!?" Hayden asked Jess.

Jessica though for a minute.

"Jess, if we don't make it out of here. I just want to say I-" She cut him off.

"We are getting out of here! We will fight in the tournament!" Jessica yelled as she jumped out in front of the bullets. She waved her hand to the right. A volley of arrows shot from no where hitting them all. Jessica was hit by some of the bullets and she blew in to the wall. She was unconscious, and she blinked yellow.

Hayden clenched his fists and picked her up bridal style. He led them out of the building, and to the Silver Sword clan hall.

(Hey, sorry for the shorter chapters recently. I just run out of ideas for some particular chapters. Hope you guys understand, I'll try to make the next one longer!)