Ch. 27: Eta vs Psi

"Hello! And welcome to the second fight of the First Rounds!" Johnny smiled.

"That's right John! Today Team Eta of Silver Sword and Team Psi of Crimson Shield!" Eugene yelled.

"I heard they are both excellent fighters!" Johnny shouted.

"And that both of them are absolutely shocking." Eugene laughed at his own bad pun.

"Please, Eugene." Johnny groaned.

"Let's just get this fight going!" Eugene pressed a button as the randomizer spun. It stopped on 'Meadow.' The compartment opened as the particles charged out. They formed the plain meadow, along with hay bales for cover.

The two teams took a stance to run. When the time started, Ryder was the first to attack. He shot arrows with his bow, allowing his team to take cover, while the opposing team took cover. He then rolled in to cover.

"What's the plan?" Hayden asked Jessica.

She thought for a moment. "Hayden, can you distract them?"

"Sure thing!" He planted a quick kiss on her lips and jumped over the hay bale charging at the other team. She blushed lightly, but shook it off.

"What's the plan Psy?" Ryder asked.

Psy peeked out and saw that Hayden was running at them, with a small blush on his cheeks. "Doesn't look that tough, Zack, go get him!"

Zack nodded and jumped over the bale and ran at Hayden. He shot a few burning skulls from his hand. Hayden dodged them with ease, and jumped in the air turning on his side, grabbing his katana, and slamming it in to the crevice of Zack's neck, causing part of his soul shield to deplete. He groaned, and swung both of his machetes at him. Hayden jumped then slammed down to the ground landing on his machetes. He then did a back flip kicking Zack in the chin. Zack stumbled back and looked at his attacker. Hayden covered his fist in electricity, and punched Zack in the gut sending him flying in to the wall. He flashed yellow.

Psy groaned. The rest of Team Eta came out. Psy grinded his teeth and ordered the rest of his team out. Zeus's wrist bands folded out to their gauntlet forms. He ran at both Ruby and Sapphire, Lunar ran at Emerald, Ryder ran at Jessica, and Psy glared at Hayden.

Hayden just had the biggest smile on his face. "What?"

Psy pulled out his long sword, and Hayden took a stance with his katana. They ran at eachother.

Lunar cracked his knuckles as Emerald revved up his chainsaw. They ran at each other.

The audience and the judges were still in shock about how Hayden took out Zack that fast. Eugene finally gained back his conscious. "And it looks like they're going chainsaw against knifes! This should be an interesting one!"

The crowd roared in excitement as the blades came in contact with eachother. Lunar blocked the chainsaw with his knifes as Emerald went for a swing. Lunar didn't have enough time to react as he was thrown across the field.

Zeus wasn't having too much trouble with the two girls. Sapphire swung her sword at him only for him to catch it. She gasped as the sword was ripped from her hands and she was punched in the gut hard by Zeus's gauntlets. His fist came down, and smacked her to the ground. She flashed yellow. "Saph!" Ruby yelled as she jumped on Zues's back and stabbed him with her hidden blades. Zeus threw her off as his shield depleted slightly. Ruby kept this up. Dodging his attacks, and shooting her pistols.
Zeus's shield was almost depleted.

"It seems like Ruby Pooler's strategy is working!" Johnny grinned.

"Yes! Her strategy is to slowly and gradually deplete their soul shield instead of big hits all at once!" Eugene said.

Zues lunged himself forward, and powered his right gauntlet forward in to her gut sending her flying. She flashed yellow.

"And it seems Psi gets the advantage!"

Zeus and Ryder ran at Hayden.

Lunar slashed at Emerald. Emerald opened the top of his chainsaw, and shot a few spikes. Lunar couldn't dodge in time as he was hit multiple times. He flashed yellow, and fell over.

Emerald jumped back to Jess. "Hayden!" She yelled.

Hayden kicked Ryder and Zeus back towards Psy. He then jumped back to Jessica and Emerald.

"Red Canine!" She yelled the team attack name as she swung her hand. A volley of arrows appeared, and launched. Hayden nodded and set a wave of electricity. It speeds them up and covers them in lightning.

Psi groaned as he jumped in to the air. Ryder was just standing up, and Zeus was too weak to move out of the way "Well... crap." They  both said as they were hit with the electrified arrows. They both flashed yellow.

"It seems we are now a 1v3! Things are not looking good for Team Psi!"

Psi landed with a growl. He slammed the long sword on to his shoulder, it attached and folded together forming its laser cannon form. He aimed directly at Hayden and shot. The beam was fast, and hit him, almost instantly draining his shield. He flashed yellow. He then went to go aim it at Jessica. Emerald shot a metal stake. As soon as the laser fired, the stake went it to the hole causing it to clog and explode. Psy flew back and hit the ground flashing yellow.

"And it looks like Team Eta just barely won!" Eugene smiled.

"That was amazing!!" Emily yelled as she hopped up sending the popcorn that was on her lap go flying everywhere.

Sora just laughed at her reaction.

"Em! Come on that was like $8!" James groaned.

"So!? I ate it!" Emily replied.

"You ate a quarter of it!"

Amber just kissed Chris on the cheek. He blushed lightly, but they smiled at eachother.