Arc 7

After arriving at Japon, you were trying to figure out how to see. Once you learned how, then you would be able to return back to Chrollo—and he wouldn't dispose of you for awhile. At least, that was the excuse you told yourself. In reality you were just afraid that the friendships you had just made wouldn't last, and Chrollo and the Troupe were the only stable people in your life.

"The more you feel, the more likely you are to die." You mumbled to yourself.

As much as you despised those words, you couldn't argue that it didn't help you. Since you were a kid, your mind was hazy—memories scattered in a chaos, causing you to have visions of the past. Those snippets of the past you had, for some reason you couldn't remember living them. But by suppressing your emotions, you wouldn't see the visions as much. Lately, you've been having visions with the same boy in them. 

You plopped down on a bench under a streetlight, watching as two thugs started advertising something in the distance. You closed your eyes, enjoying the silence with the exception of faint yells—until you felt pressure on your shoulders.

"Ah, sorry!" A feminine voice said, "I'm so clumsy.."
You turned around, about to say something until you realized that the girl was already gone. As a few more moments passed, your eyes widened.

That girl..

You jumped to feet and bolted in the direction your instincts were telling you to go. Over your dead body were you going to let this happen to you. Your feet skidded to a stop, your eyes searching left and right for any sign of that girl. Soon enough, you were back to running after spotting a quickly receding figure in the distance.

"Hey! Come back here!" You yelled at the top of your lungs.

"Sorry! No can do!" She started to run faster and created more distance.

At this rate I won't be able to catch her.

The cars were stuck in traffic on the road beside where you were running, horns blaring in anger at the slow-down. You ran to the other side of the street, dodging a few taxis and cut your way through towards an alleyway. A ladder caught your eye as you were dashing, and when it was close enough you jumped on and started to climb. She was still bolting, holding up the hood of her cloak.

You jumped another roof, searching for an opening. However, two familiar thugs were motioning for her from the street below.

Oh no you're not!

She went for the two thugs, but before she could make it to the other side of the street you had already jumped. You firmly clawed her shoulders in your hands as you both tumbled in the middle of the hard, damp road. Your chest rose and fell heavily as you sat on top of her, examining her now revealed features. She was obviously in her twenties, with long, wavey peach colored hair, light skin, and big, bright orange eyes.

"Give it back," Your stare was as hard as stone. "You have something of mine."

Her irises narrowed as a sick grin tainted her face. "Nice try."

"What—"

A force wrapped around your small frame—practically choking you as it dragged you into the shadows of the alleyway.

— ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ —

CHAPPY QUESTION:
Favorite anime character?

Please don't forget to comment and rate!

Love, Kyte