Arc 28

You looked out the window, leaning your head a little bit on the side of the car door. It was a mostly silent ride. No one said anything ever since you left, and there were the occasional calls from Dalzollene to see how you were doing.

You glanced at Taehyung who was driving, then at Melody who was sitting in the passenger seat. The blonde boy was sitting next you, but you couldn't bring yourself to see what he was doing. You needed to be cool.

But you were internally dying because of how awkward it was.

"Tae," You sat up and placed your hand on the side of his chair, "How much longer?"

"About three more hours."

You mentally slapped yourself, "Ugh."

Melody chuckled, looking at you from the rear mirror. "You seem restless."

"Hell yeah I am. It's too quiet."

From the corner of your eye, you could see Kurapika leaning into his hand while looking at the window. He looked like he was spacing out, but you knew all too well that he was just thinking too hard.

You leaned forward, reaching your arm in between Tae and Melody to turn on the radio. Your eyes lit up as soon as you heard the music.

"All I want for Christmas.... Is you~"

Taehyung started banging his head against the wheel, "Shut the fu–"

"I don't want a lot for Christmas there is just thing I need–and I–don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree~ I just want you for my own~ More than you could ever know~ Make my wish come trueeeeeeeee~"

Taehyung reached a hand out to turn the radio off, but Melody quickly slapped his hand away.

"Ow! What the fu–"

"Baby all I want for Christmas is you~ You baby~" You pointed at Kurapika while holding an invisible microphone.

"I don't want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need~ I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree~ I don't need to hang my stocking there upon the fireplace~ Santa Claus won't make me happy, with a toy on Christmas day~"

His grey dark brown irises were glued on you, a glint of confusion in them. He was probably judging you, but you knew he was interested. For the next three minutes you sang your heart out to purposely make the blonde uncomfortable–which you successfully pulled off. At the end of the song he was staring at you with an even more confused look. You erupted into laughter, slapping your knee as tears welled up in your eyes.

"Why are you like this?" He finally said harshly, giving you a judgemental look.

Taehyung quickly turned off the radio, "I lied, ok?! We're like five minutes away so stop singing!"

"I know both of you liked it." You chuckled, wiping a tear away. "No, actually you loved it."

For the rest of the ten minute ride, it was back to being silent. Although it was quiet, you were satisfied with it. It wasn't an awkward silence now thanks to you.

— ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ —

DUDDEEEEEEEEEEE HAPPY 3k READS!!!!!!!! 

Chappy Question: 

Would you flip a table with me to celebrate????

   \( •_•) F
    < ⌒ヽ A
   /   へ\ B
   /  / \\ U
   | ノ   ヽ_つ L
  / / O
  / /| U
 ( (ヽ S
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /

'ノ )  Lノ 

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Love, Kai ( ◠‿◠ )