Arc 29

Merry Christmas!

  — ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ ♰ ♱ —  

    A huge sigh escaped your lips as you fell into the bed in the center of the hotel room. Melody, your brand new roommate for the next few weeks, chuckled as she sat down on the couch. You stared at the ceiling, the sound of Melody clearing her throat catching your attention.

    "Yuno-san told me to give this to you earlier," The short woman placed a paper bag on the coffee table, "She said it was a gift."

    At the word 'gift' you got up and sat down next to Melody, "Gift?" She merely nodded before taking her hat off. 

There was a sticky note in front of the bag:

  Consider it a reward for fighting hard. - Love, Yuno-senpai. 

    You rose a brow, curiously tilting your head as you opened the paper bag. Your jaw practically dropped to the ground when you pulled out the set of beautiful clothes. There was a white button-up shirt folded neatly on top of some black high waisted jeans. At the bottom of the bag there was a long (f/c) sweater cardigan.

    Melody smiled when you turned to face her with a big grin on your face. She pointed to the bag, and it was then you caught glimpse of a pair of shoes behind it. It was the (fav low top shoes) that you had wanted since the beginning of your training with her. 

    "Melody, what room is Yuno in? I have to thank her." You immediately got up, grabbing your hoodie. 

    "Unfortunately, she already left." The purple-haired woman said, "She was assigned a mission from the Hunter Association."

    Your smile slowly fell, a feeling of disappointment replacing your happiness. "She didn't even say bye."

    "She did say something about wearing those clothes when you meet your friends, however." 

    A smile tugged at your lips when you remembered how you got to know Yuno. She put you through hell, but you would never forget how she was there to listen to you when you needed it. 

    "Sometimes I think I'm not good enough," You fidgeted with your fingers, "The people I met during the exam–I don't deserve to be friends with them. If they ever found out who, no, what I am.. I–" Your hands started to tremble, "I don't know what I would do."

    To be honest, I'm so scared. I'm scared of my brother, and I don't want to face him. I'm running out of places to run, but I don't want to be in his stupid gang." Your voice cracked, "I-I want to be with my friends, but I don't want them to get hurt because of me."

    You felt a pair of arms wrap around you. "You're not your brother, (Y/n)." The tears began to form in your eyes. "That's what makes you different from your brother, you care so much. And because of that, they're going to accept you for who you are. If they're your friends, then have some more faith, yeah?"

    In a heartbeat you would take a bullet for her. But little did you know, that maybe she wouldn't do the same.