Ch. 4

-______-Third Person Point of View-______-

The shock would have been on the Sandaime's face, but as he had thought that something like this would happen, all you could see from his face was anger. Hiruzen's thoughts escaped him, thinking about how he failed the Yondaime, and that when he died, that Kushina and Minato would hang him by his toes, and torture him for the rest of eternity. He agreed with his mind that this would be a fitting punishment for someone who messed up as bad as he had.

Hiruzen had hoped that, by not announcing Naruto's heritage to the village, he would be protecting Naruto from outside villages, and keeping him out of the grasps of Kumogakure and Iwagakure. He said that Naruto was the Jinchuuriki of the Kyubi, hoping it would conceal the larger lie, but all it did was ruin a child's childhood. Hiruzen figured that Konohagakure would kill Naruto before Iwa or Kumo could get their hands on him.

Steeling his nerves, he made a resolution. He would fix his mistake, no matter the consequences.

While the Sandaime was thinking heavily, Naruto watched in horror as the Sandaime completely stopped moving, looking as if he stopped breathing. Naruto worried, worrying that him breaking the Hokage would make the beatings worse. "Jiji, please tell me I didn't kill you." He was sobbing, snot running down his noise, and his eyes were unable to create tears because of....heat.

Hiruzen sat up, sitting straighter than before. "Do you have any clue on what this Shinobi looked like?" Hiruzen asks, his face as hard as steel.

"N-no I don't remember what he looked like, my vision blurred after a while." Naruto replied, shocked at the Sandaime's change in personality and facial representation.

"Don't worry Naruto. After my speech, the beatings should stop." Hiruzen announces, a fire dancing in his eyes like a light show.

"Really?" Naruto's age was showing, stars in his eyes as he asks the question.

"Yes, I plan on announcing your heritage to the village." Hiruzen state, never faltering.

"You know who my parents are?" Naruto asks, excitement flowing off him.

"Of course, I know who your parents are, I know everything. Your parents are Namikaze Minato and Uzumaki Kushina." Hiruzen states, deciding mid second that if the villagers know, then so should Naruto.

"My dad is the Yondaime Hokage?" Naruto asks, completely overwhelmed with giddiness, ignoring the pain in his throat for speaking so much.

"Yes he is. Now let me go tell the rest of the village." Hiruzen states, thinking of something to say to the villagers as he walked away.

Hiruzen was almost expecting to hear another outburst about being the Yondaime's son, but he noticed that Naruto had passed out from the pain. Putting it down to him only made him realize two things, one he had had just a better conversation with a four year old, than some ninjas, and that he was announcing this information far too late.

-_____-Two hours later-_____-

The villagers were chattering, about what this would be about, and the clans were wondering why Hiruzen had called upon everyone, ninja and villager alike. Their musings were silenced when Hiruzen stepped onto the stage.

"Ladies and gentleman. My friends, it has come to my knowledge that a dreadful act against the Yondaime's legacy has happened. An act against your friend, the person who protected you until the very end, you have betrayed his trust in this village. For years you have been abusing his last remaining efforts, the thing he protected until the very end, the second thing that held his complete attention. You have been abusing his most prideful moments. Citizens of Konohagakure, the heir of the Uzumaki and Namikaze clan, is the very own demon scum you beat to near death for fun. Uzumaki Namikaze Naruto is currently hospitalized, he had barely survived after an attack by villagers and an unknown Shinobi." Hiruzen announces, a tear in his eye to further the effect.