Chapter 35

-_-Naruto's Point of View-_-

Depression is a word I thought I would never have to think about, it's a vile word, regularly used as an excuse for humans to become lazy, or dead. People who this as meaning are people like Tsunade. If I were to be completely honest I respected Kakashi; he got over his teacher's death. With the will of fire, he stayed in Anbu, continually training and becoming Anbu captain. All while facing depression, he fought it off for years, nine entire years of fighting off depression and using it to make him a better person. Kakashi lost pieces of himself during those nine years, instead of picking up his pieces and gluing them back together, he put on a mask, a mask made of parts of his best friend.

He lost his will to get stronger, Kakashi slowly got weaker as the rest of his generation caught up, even his rival, Might Gai had surpassed him. Kakashi always wore a mask, when he was a child it was a real mask, and now his cover is both literal and figurative. The reason why I'm thinking of depression was that I was worried, not about myself but my brother.

Sasuke was always weaker than, physically and mentally, he couldn't catch up my rapid advancements, and he could never catch up to Itachi either, I always feared that him knowing that he was weaker than us may do something stupid. Some self harm, but with the death of our family, it made me worried about my brother's mental sake, I'm going to talk to Itachi about it later, but for now, I'm watching him, wondering what he was going to do while making sure he didn't get hurt.

I guess I was slowly becoming an older brother, how hilarious. "Why does Naruto get all the attention, I'm older, I'm a true Uchiha, and he's just a-a fake, a fake Uchiha that doesn't belong, sure he's strong, but he doesn't contain our blood, right father?" Sasuke asks as if he was expecting an answer.

"Of course. You always preferred Naruto over me, and hell you preferred Naruto over Itachi because Naruto was a genius right, I wouldn't understand because I wasn't like Naruto or Itachi, because I was born a failure." Sasuke ranted, his strikes on the wooden post getting far more violent and uncontrolled.

"I was always the failure, unable to learn the advanced moves because I wasn't like Naruto, or how I couldn't learn the fire jutsu because it was dangerous. Then there was Naruto; he treats me like I'm younger than him, he's delusional if he thinks I'm going to stand down and let him take my role in the family, I am the second son of Uchiha Fugaku, not that asshole." Sasuke screams.

I sat down, listening to every word Sasuke spoke. He got, annoyed when I tried to take care of him, when I worried about him when I stressed over him when I got fearful over how he was doing, how I protected him, If he doesn't want me to do it then I won't.

-_-Third Person Point of View-_-

Naruto quickly used Hiraishin to get away from Sasuke, to think about how to go on further about this. "Sasuke do you honestly believe all those things you said were true," Shisui asks, walking behind Sasuke.

"Shisui, I hate Naruto, I hate Itachi, I hate father, I hate anyone who looked down on me for not being Naruto. For not being like Naruto, and not being as strong as Naruto." Sasuke states getting into a fighting stance.

"Sasuke I'm a Jounin, and you aren't even Chunin yet if you fight me you will lose, there's no question about that," Shisui states, a lopsided grin on his face.

"You will regret grinning." Sasuke snarls, jumping towards Shisui.

"You aren't fast Sasuke," Shisui states punching Sasuke into the ribs.

While Sasuke was still recovering from Shisui's brutal punch, Shisui kicked Sasuke into the air, before dropkicking Sasuke into the ribs forcing him to crash back to the ground. Shisui quickly grabbed both of Sasuke's wrists. "Tell me does this hurt?" Shisui asks to grin on his face Crack.

Sasuke screamed in agony, feeling his wrists get snapped. "I guess fun time is over Sasuke, but I'm going to give you advice, don't do anything stupid." Shisui states before canceling his Genjutsu, and walking back to the Uchiha compound dragging Sasuke with him.

"What did you do?" Itachi asks his best friend with narrowed eyes.

"Sasuke wasn't having the 'Come home it's dinner time' and felt like it was an 'I'm finishing what Orochimaru started' phases you know?" Shisui states, but Itachi could read between the lines.

"How much did Naruto hear?" Itachi asks.

"Knowing Naruto he heard enough." Shisui.

"I'm talking to Naruto, take care of Sasuke when he gets up, don't let anyone near him." Itachi orders, walking to Naruto's room.

"Of course Hokage-Sama." Shisui mocks.

"Naruto," Itachi states walking in Naruto's room.

"Itachi-San, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Naruto asks.

"Naruto I may be the clan leader, but I am still your brother," Itachi replies.

"Itachi what do you want?" Naruto asks, already impatient with this conversation.

"You're not usually this impatient, is something the matter little brother?" Itachi asks.

"Yes, I am frustrated with my father's jutsu, I can't go to the same lengths that he could go, I can't do the Hiraishin: level two so I'm thinking of a way to learn it, and you interrupted my thought process," Naruto replies, looking through Itachi.

"That's complicated, try harder," Itachi states, backing away from the room before Naruto goes into Fuinjutsu mode on him.

-_-Omake-_-

"You said you were going to allow me into your story," Kurama growls.

"Patience is a virtue." The author replies.

"You're probably not even going to add me in on your post-Shippuden story." Kurama states.

"It depends on how I write it, I don't exactly have an idea of how important Naruto will be, it's going to be a Sasuke centric story for a few chapters." The author replies.

"Another excuse." Kurama accuses.

-_-Fin-_-

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, even though it's a short chapter, with a long wait. I'm happy to announce that I just started another book, and those of you who like Uzumaki Jinchuuriki, don't worry I'm working on that after I finish this chapter. I hope to see you all in the next fanfiction.

Published/Finished 9/4/17