c h a p t e r | II

BONDS OF DESTINY- II -

BONDS OF DESTINY
- II -

A large black wolf stood before me, twice the size of mine. His eyes narrowing with wonder and he slightly tilted his head staring at my snow-white form. I felt an explosion of happiness consume me as I looked at the intimidating wolf before me. I should be afraid of this wolf. He was big, strong and extremely beautiful. His black fur gleaming in the moonlight. I felt my body move, lying flat on the ground, my ears lying down as well as I watched in amusement at the gorgeous wolf before me.

My mate.

He slowly walked over to me and lay right in front of me crouching down mirroring my posture, his snout almost touching mine. His eyes bore into mine for a minute before he got to his paws again circling me.

I lay completely still, not moving a muscle as he studied me, simply waiting for him to make his move.

Then I felt the black wolf's teeth playfully pull on my left ear before nuzzling his snout into the crook of my wolf's neck. My wolf jumping up happily, charging the black wolf. The momentum taking over the both of us and he fell backwards on his back, my paws on his chest and I growled at him...

HOOOOONK!!!!!

I opened my eyes, quickly, veering right to prevent from colliding with the approaching car.

"For fuck sake, not when I'm driving!" I yelled out and hammered my fist on the steering wheel while my wolf sighed happily by the memory.

"Mate!" An unfamiliar voice rang in my head and I pulled over knowing I did not have any other choice. No way, I would be that lucky to avoid an accident twice in a day...

"Mate" he growled, his otherwise blue eyes instantly turning black as he noticed me, quickly striding towards me. His steps firm and confident while he inclosed the distance between us.

I forgot how to breathe as the tall black-haired guy approached me. His hair neatly combed over his head, his figure lean and defined. He was well-dressed in a light brown vest, white shirt and black trousers. Definitely an upper-class man. His hands reaching out to cup my face...

I for once managed to pull out of the memory. According to the attire it was old. Centuries old.

Centuries? How can that be?

'Soul Mate' she purred happily, her head resting on her paws.

"There's no Soul Mate. It's just Mate" I scolded my wolf but she merely wagged her tail.

'Soul Mate' she repeated again slightly giggling. This was so unlike my wolf. She acted like a little schoolgirl.

I shook my head and internally glared at her. I made my way out onto the road again, finally managing to get all the way home to the pack house.