c h a p t e r | XXX

BONDS OF DESTINY- XXX -

BONDS OF DESTINY
- XXX -

I kept drifting off during classes. Last night had been too much for me and we really had not gotten any sleep as none of us could go to sleep after what we had just viewed together.

Every time the memory had popped up before I had never seen that far. I had not allowed myself to see that far. Thinking of it, I was not sure I had been ready for it even then, but considering Argent now sharing all the memories with me it was like we were watching it from two sides. The two sides to form a whole, but after the memory I kept wondering if it was worth it.

The never-ending cycle of us coming back to each other purely recognized through the bond seemed that more attractive right now, than being given a chance to end it all within this lifetime considering what we had to go through to get there.

Chase nudged me in the side, a calculative expression lingering in his features as he had kept staring at me for the past few minutes, aiding me whenever I dozed off for too long.

"Did the marking keep you up all night?" He inquired after a while with a grin, trying to lighten my mood, but I only shoved him back before looking down at my history book still not understanding a word on the page. It was like I had suddenly become dyslectic.

"You know, I had hoped you would have told us instead of us having to figure it out on our own," he spoke as an afterthought and I turned to look at him.

"Chase, I would have told you, but I did not have time. It happened just hours after what happened with Garrick and then the meeting with Alpha—"

"I know, I know" he hushed me, eyeing Ms. Laurel for a minute to see if she had heard us.

"It's okay. I'm just— Jeez, what have put you on edge this morning?" He stopped himself and titled in his seat to get an even better look at me and I rolled my eyes.

"The plate's just getting bigger, huh?" he said when I didn't acknowledge his question with an answer.

"Tell me about it," I sighed and dropped my head to rest in my hands, watching as Ms. Laurel paced around the room. Seriously, that woman adored her monologues way too much.

"Anything I can do to help?" He asked and I shrugged. Of course I wanted his help. I wanted all of this over and done with, but none of us had any clue of where to start.

A part of me know it was because we were mere ducks in a pond ready to be plucked off one by one for the hunters amusement. It just did not sit well with me. I really had issues with just sitting back and do nothing.

"This... This Devil Wolf is smart. He's patient and most definitely cunning. If we just knew what the end game was, it would help us look just one step ahead. He's toying with us. I tried searching his origin, but none of that gave any useful results. The only thing we do know of him is he goes by the name Devil Wolf and according to the stories he might be the first werewolf in existence," I rattled off not sure where I was going with any of it.