c h a p t e r | XXIII

BONDS OF DESTINY- XXIII -

BONDS OF DESTINY
- XXIII -

I stifled a cry, pounding the steering wheel to get some of the tormented feelings out of my system but it was like nothing worked. Nothing seemed good enough. My heart was pounding, pumping the blood so fast through my system I was certain, if it was not for the fact that I was alone, everybody else could hear it. I felt sobs getting stuck in my throat, but I could not let them out. I could not let any of it out. I had to keep myself together, but still it was like every part of my being was tense and broken at the same time.

My hands gripped tightly onto the steering wheel as if it would help keep me grounded. My knuckles turned almost a ghostly white with the blueness of my veins visible, but I could not care. My mind was too frayed to grasp onto anything except for the psychological pain I felt with my entire body.

I was being ripped apart from the inside out.

"Skye! Sh—" Chase' voice peeped up in my mess of a mind before breaking off slightly at his end and I held back my breath as Chase could not sense me losing my bearings right now.

"He's too strong!" His distress was evident and I felt it seep into my own feelings making me even more on edge.

"You better fucking hold him! You have to!" I snapped maybe a bit too harshly but I did not care. It was too important.

So important I could not lose my head now.

I had to get control.

I took a few calming breaths, or well tried to as it did not seem to do me that much good as my hands were shaking like crazy causing me to fidget so much with the keys that I dropped them to the bottom of the car.

It did not settle my emotions, quite the contrary as someone hammered on the car window, causing me to knock my head into the steering wheel as I jumped in my seat by the sudden surprise attack.

"You are beautiful, my child

"You are beautiful, my child. Brave and kind at heart. You have light in your heart. A light which he needs," Selene's word ran through my head like a whisper as I was unable to move.