c h a p t e r | XXIV

BONDS OF DESTINY- XXIV -

BONDS OF DESTINY
- XXIV -

"Argent, I have to do this. There is no other way around it," I hissed back at him in my mind. He had stubbornly objected when I told him my orders from Alpha Chris.

"Talk to him again," he pressured but I could hear he did not believe it would help either.

"I'll be careful," I soothed him before cutting off the link as I pushed the door open into the basement. Riley and Chase immediately straightening in their positions, guarding the hallways down to the prisoner.

"Has it turned yet?" I asked and walked up towards them.

"No, not yet. Somehow it refuses to turn back. Even when we sedated it with wolfsbane it barely wobbled," Chase informed.

"We should have gotten rid of it right away instead of this. We had lock it in the enforced cell as it broke one of the regular ones," Riley grumbled, his hand subconsciously went to his side while the other gestured behind him.

I glanced towards the cell and rightfully so, the bars were bent at weird angles, no longer able to fulfill its purpose. I guessed, Riley must have taken a beat for that as he was unusually gloom and serious.

"Is Alpha Chris coming soon? I can't wait to get this over with," Riley added hopefully as he leaned up against the wall.

"No, well. Not yet. He asked me to interrogate first," I relayed and I noticed how both of them tensed.

"You are kidding right!"

"There's no talking to that beast!" They spoke in rare unison and a small smile showed on my lips.

"No—"

"Skye, seriously, no one can get anything out of that thing," Chase quipped, his expression hard as he looked at me and Riley came to stand by his side, both of them with their arms crossed as they blocked the rest of the hallway from my view.

"Do you have any idea, how hard it was getting it here in the first place. For a minute there I thought I was a goner!" Riley growled with horror and disgust.

"It's like a rapid animal," Chase chimed in.

"Guys, I know. I already saw it," I cocked my eyebrow at them, a small gleam of irritation filled my eyes.

"And I hate this as much as you do, but I have no choice," I stressed the last word.

"Alpha Chris wants answers. He wants to know if it was indeed the one to hurt Dean."

"Of course it was!" Chase interjected and I scowled at them when Riley nodded in agreement.

"Guys..." I did not know why I looked around in the otherwise abandoned basement or why my voice turned into a whisper.