c h a p t e r | XXXII

BONDS OF DESTINY- XXXII -

BONDS OF DESTINY
- XXXII -

The growl vibrated through my head and I widened my stance, moving in sync against the opposing wolf which frothed with saliva. Its eyes this kaleidoscope of colors which would have been tantalizing was it not for the looming darkness they now contained. It was almost as if I could see the disease fog up the entrapped person's chance at thinking clearly.

I wanted to reach for that person inside, but the turmoil that surrounded us did not allow it and too soon the wolf was pinning me down by its paws, its face in mine as I trashed against its huge build.

I knew if I did not get out of its grasp soon it would snap my ribs into powder. Letting out a growl of my own I rolled away, springing to my feet, but way too late as I felt canines penetrate through my silky white fur, sending electric shocks of pain through my leg.

A whimper escaped me, alerting Argent who'd left to fight the other 3 wolves. His plate was full enough without me not being able to take care of myself and the remaining wolf, but it did not seem to stop him.

With an angry howl, he snapped the attacking wolf's neck before he pounced at the one who had managed to hurt me, only to be attacked by the third wolf as it clawed at his back.

Ignoring the pain, I launched myself back into the fight, forcing the grey wolf off Argent, clawing at its face. Managing to get it away from him I got it trapped into a corner, seeing my opportunity to go in for the final strike.

Unlike Argent who had now taken definitive care of 2 of the 4 wolves I could not kill. Still after all this I could not forget that inside they housed a human who never asked for any of it. A human who was scared out of their mind and confused about what was happening.

Jumping on it as it tried snapping at my throat I clawed at it and pinned it down just like the other wolf had tried with me and quickly bit down, snapping its legs and immobilizing it hopefully long enough for the remainder of the ambush.

Another whimper sounded out as I heard Argent take out the third, one who'd succeeded in hurting me before he looked towards me, however my mind drifted beyond him as I felt a wrenching pain in my stomach.

The blood bond to my brother was still there, not evaporated by my change of pack. I learned that the minute it got severed entirely.

I knew before I saw him.

I knew.

Yet, my heart refused to believe what my mind and gut were telling me. Leaving the other wols at the goddess' mercy, I ran past Argent.

"Wa— Shit!" Argent yelled in my head as he must have felt my heartache, but I could not cling to his presence as I bolted through the gym, not stopping before I saw the small horde of wolves. Some quickly dispersed, running for the hills with Caleb and Damian sprinting after them. Chase was in a tumble with a black spotted wolf, refusing to let it go, his angry growls sounded out in the otherwise eerie silence as he set in for the kill.