c h a p t e r | XXXV

BONDS OF DESTINY- XXXV -

BONDS OF DESTINY
- XXXV -

Lycaon let out a cackle as he let go of Argent who was seething at the ground. His muscles expanded and contracted with every heavy breath while his head twitched as if he was trying to block out the fourth coming rush of memories.

"You will obey me, son. It has gone on for far too long, but now as you finally remember, we will make all of this right. You were never meant to be an Alpha and so it is about time you surrender," Lycaon demanded, studying Argent on the ground with arrogance.

"I'll never surrender to you. I stood against you then and I will continue to do so," Argent sneered and turned his head upwards to stare at the man in pure loathing.

"I won't let you take anymore innocent lives just so you can feel superior. Have you learned nothing? You made us like this by taking an innocent life in the first place to prove a point and you got punished for it!" He commented darkly, his eyes still swirling with blackness.

Lycaon let out an angry howl as he hurled himself at Argent again but this time Argent seemed more focussed, his hand clasping around Lycaon's raised arm forcing him back, locking both of them in a stand off position.

"Zeus was afraid of me, so he banished me and turned me into an animal... But I had allies and so his attempt at bringing me down only gave room for my true potential..."

"You killed your own son!"

"I KILLED ALL OF YOU! As most of you got the taste of power you wanted more," Lycaon roared  in response and I felt the atmosphere draw tenser and I thought even time itself stopped this time.

"I never wanted it," Argent sneered back, "I never asked for this—"

"DON'T LIE TO ME! YOU WANTED POWER JUST AS MUCH AS YOUR BROTHERS!" He retorted and flung Argent over his back, however Argent quickly came around, lurching at Lycaon again and I could hear the thunderous boom as the bodies collided.

My eyes shut tight, trying to force myself upright to help, but as I finally managed to get to my knees, I felt a wrenching ache in my chest which almost made me fall forwards again.

"YOU'RE A MONSTER!" I cried out as I looked on as Argent's face morphed into one of surprise, his eyes wide and back to their usual blue however they seemed paler than usual. My eyes involuntarily but necessarily swooped downwards, while I tried to contain the bile that forced itself up from my stomach.

Lycaon was grinning victoriously as blood dripped between them with his hand in Argent's chest cavity.

"I'm the monster?" He asked slowly and turned his head to me while Argent tried twisting his hand weakly away from him, blood spilling from his mouth as he coughed.

"It may be so, but so is he. My flesh and blood and your so called mate. He was trained to kill and once again he proved himself weak. Such a disappointment," Lycaon sighed and shook his head as if he was talking about a less than average report card.