c h a p t e r | V

BONDS OF DESTINY- V -

BONDS OF DESTINY
- V -

I had barely taken a step inside the Warrior House before they knew what had went down in Barton. I felt like punching Riley and Chase for telling them, but at least they had not mentioned the fact that Argent and I were also each others mates. Maybe they had not picked up on it.

The news spread like wild fire through the pack that I had knocked the Slayer of Silver to the floor, earning pats on my back and impressed hollers.

Maybe if the situation was different I would be laughing with them, proud of myself, but I wasn't. Argent's reputation was slightly bruised by my actions though I was certain he would quickly make up for it. I just hoped he would not take it out on my pack.

My wolf had retreated so far into the back of my head that I had difficulties seeing her there and she was not responding me whenever I tried explaining my actions.

I was lying on my bed staring up at the ceiling. The Warrior house was crowded due to it being Friday. Usually we would all hang out and play some games, some playing pool, others challenging each other in xbox games and whatever game consoles that were in the house. Some times the hard liquor would come on the table, though that was not tonight, but still I did not feel in the mood to socialize, especially not when all of them wanted to hear about the encounter with Lucas Argent from my own perspective.

I kept my mouth shut. This was not any of their business.

"Skye?" I heard a voice, a slight knocking accompanying it.

"It's open" I said indifferently not bothering to look away from the ceiling.

"So..." I heard Chase start off as he came into the room and felt the bed lowering by my side as he sat down.

"You wanna punch me? Go ahead." He asked.

I sat up cross-legged on the bed, running my fingers through my hair.

"I'm not gonna hit you, Chase" I sounded tired.

"So how are you with everything?" He asked slowly and I merely looked at him.

"I know he is your mate, Skye." he said when I didn't say anything, his eyebrows quirked upwards.

"I'm not going to be his mate, Chase." I spoke my voice wavering at the word.

"Why not? You'll be the Luna of the most powerful pack in centuries, besides I saw how you looked at him. You felt the bond. You now know how it feels falling completely head over heels for someone and knowing they won't purposely hurt you. They'll do anything for you both physical and emotionally. How can you possibly want to turn your back on that?" He said earnestly and I felt his large comforting hand on my shoulder.

A slight smile appeared on my lips.

"Since when have you become so sensitive Chase?" I gently nudged his chest and he returned my smile.