c h a p t e r | VIII

BONDS OF DESTINY- VIII -

BONDS OF DESTINY
- VIII -

I had been stalling. I knew that. But I couldn't help myself. I had tried blocking Argent out the whole day, but whenever I had a weak moment where I was not deeply occupied in conversation or tasks my thoughts turned to him.

'Just give in already,' my wolf had sighed in my mind obviously frustrated with me, but it was no match as to how frustrated I felt by these overwhelming thoughts of him. The more I thought of him the more aggravated I became. I mean seriously, why was I obsessing over a guy? A guy who I in this life actually did not know.

Dwelling on our brief moments something was nagging me. There was something about him, which I could not figure out. He was keeping something from me. The look in his eye he had one time or the hesitant tone in his voice. He had a secret. A secret that I did not know about, and that was just adding to my frustration.

I bit my lip as I waited in the elevator to reach the penthouse. It was after nine. Ally and I had decided to join the team at dinner after practice at the local burger bar and time had flown by.

Ryder had texted me earlier asking of my whereabouts but as I thought he might only be doing it by orders from Argent, I had been vague and one word responded him.

The penthouse was in darkness as I got out and I walked down the few steps heading for the stairs when I heard him.

"You're home late." He was lying on one of the couches and I could not make out his face as it was hidden in the shadows and the lack of light did not contribute to reading his posture.

"This isn't my home," I said annoyance filling my voice. Annoyance seemed to be the only way I could keep my head straight around this guy.

He turned on the lamp, a warm glow filling up the room and he sat up in the couch his hands running over his face.

"Skye," he sighed slowly before looking up at me.

It was surreal. The time wasn't even that late but he acted like I was a little girl who got home past curfew and got caught by her dad.

"Fine. Not that it is any of your business, but I was out with friends for dinner." I said and rolled my eyes before taking another step towards the stairs.

"With Chase?"

I stopped, looking backwards and he had now gotten to his feet walking over to me, his face expressionless.

"I said friends... But yeah he was there too, why?" I said my brows furrowing together in bemusement.

"So that's the reason!" He laughed hollowly, his eyes boring into mine.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confusion clearly showing on my face now.

"Ryder told me about you and him."