c h a p t e r | VII

BONDS OF DESTINY- VII -

BONDS OF DESTINY
- VII -

Was it just me or did he get hotter since Friday?

I did not just admit that, did I? Who am I kidding that man was the epitome of gorgeousness. So gorgeous he put the famous Adonis to shame.

His sparkling blue eyes instantly went to mine as the doors opened further and I felt my wolf sigh with admiration. His hair styled messily, reminding me of the day in the diner, the white t-shirt hugged him all the right places, reminding me of how muscular and defined his torso was underneath and his biceps outlined beautifully though he wasn't even straining. In fact he looked absolutely relaxed which was not something which could be said about me at the moment. Just by once glance of this guy it was like someone had taken a baseball bat to my respiratory system making it impossible for me to breathe.

"Miss Anderson," he said politely though a boyish grin appeared in his features. A very assertively and smug smile, I might add which immediately knocked some sense into my otherwise empty head, making me blink.

He had ordered me here. I was his demand in exchange for his support.

I crossed my arm protectively over my chest and my eyes narrowed at the black haired guy in front of me. I stepped out of the elevator.

"Argent," I replied slightly annoyed.

"I'll just—" Ryder said trailing himself off as he went up a staircase at the left. I wished he wouldn't leave me alone with Argent, but staring at the self-satisfied jerk in front of me I was relieved to find that annoyance was the most prominent feeling in my body at the moment.

"I'm happy you have accepted my request," Argent's velvet voice rang in my ears.

"Don't mock me, Argent," I snapped at him and walked a step closer to him.

"You know as well as I do that this wasn't a request but an order. Don't try to put it any other way. I'm here to fulfill my duties as my pack's Warrior Commander and nothing else," I said my voice dropping a few octaves by the last words to indicate my seriousness and I stepped around him taking in the view.

The penthouse was extremely extravagant and gorgeous. I was staring directly through a wall of tall windows overlooking the city. A glass door opening out to a big furnished balcony, where roses were blooming brightly in the sun. Inside, a pleasant arrangement of leather couches surrounding a glass table was placed to the right side with a huge flatscreen TV hanging on the wall which at the moment was showing a relaxing loop of falling raindrops. The staircase Ryder had just vanished from was wide and in polished black steel, a wide abstract painting located behind it.

I took the few steps down into the living room area and towards the windows. The view was right above the Barton Park and I could almost smell the amazing scent of trees and flowers.