Chapter 6

"Got any good match up for tonight?" I ask, the loud booming of music filled our ears making it hard for us to understand each other.

"Not really. Mike's keeping it down today, cops and financial issues." Jack said his face turned into somewhat worried and confused.

"Your face tells me you have something in mind, please tell me." I say, while we pass through groups of people loud and hollering watching as the cars zoomed.

"Mike wanted you to race, money is in a drain. The place might be pack but they don't even dare to race, this place just consists of hormonal teenagers." Keeping an eye out of our way, Jack leads me to a spot less of people and commotion.

"Then, I'll race." I said, as Jack hands me his red cup.

"Are you sure about that babe?" He eyes me intently while I take a large gulp of beer, the alcohol leaving a bad taste.

I was never even a fan of alcohol to begin with. But from time to time it became tolerable with the help of a drunk Jack encouraging me of course.

"Yes, don't worry. I'll live okay." I smirked giving him the red cup back.

"You better." And after that, we were on the way to find me a partner to race with and that's when all the real excitement came in.

        My match for tonight was Buck, a man in his 20's that has a facade of loving pussies just from the fact that the word "pussy smasher" was on the hood of his Chevrolet Corvette ZR1.

         "Be careful, the man likes to play games." Jack uttered in the midst of me preparing, admiring the new baby that I get to drive.

"I got this." I took one last look of the opponent beside me as he chuckles, cockily smiling to himself.

I rolled my eyes getting into the car with a faint word from Jack that I will see him later.

Then I heard cheers and words of improvement but none of them catched my attention. When I was already excited and too focused on the familiar hum of the vehicle. Jack's Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, I took comfort as I sat on the leathered seat, pressed the gas as the car purred ready to leap forward.

I took a deep breath, as the girl in front starts to count indicating we are about to go.

Adrenaline started to kick in. The countdown was about to end, hands on the steering wheel I waited.

"3! Go!"

I abruptly pressed my foot on the acceleration pedal whilst lights blurred like a blaze as I drive my best, the track carried me further. I gazed straight ahead keeping my focus clear as the car sneered at speed limits, I was having the time of my life.

As my hands stroke the steering wheel, the almost soundless changing of gears, I took turns and I hear myself shouting a few words for encouragement. Not so satisfied, I pressed my foot on the pedal on repeat, the car roared to life that I was fucking sure the man couldn't even pass me anymore.

I arrived at the finish line with a smile on my face, satisfied. Mentally thinking that I admit, racing has been an addiction that I could never get rid of. Just like sex, it has been a drugless high for me to put the car on track and run it like an animal.

          As I got off the engine, hollering and words of approval can be heard. I smiled genuinely knowing that this is what I have grown to love and of course it was expected that I won. Jack came through the crowd and I was soon enfolded into a hug.

              "As always." He said with a lopsided smile as he scratches his head.

              "Tell me something that I don't know." I rolled my eyes and laughed as soon as he shakes his head, disbelief of how egotistical I can be.

             "I want to show you something." He casually spoke and soon left as I was trailing behind him.

  Now, this couldn't be good.