Chapter 31

Matheo pulled the car to the curb, turning the engine off as we went outside of the vehicle. The place and the surrounding sounded too familiar and what shock me was, it was the same diner he had taken me in.

I smirk and flashed a knowing smile, with disbelief and astonishment. I was about to take his coat off when he had stopped me midway, handing me a piece of clothing.

"You need one." He spoke short, as it showed concern. Handing me his black leathered jacket, putting it on as he did.

I smiled in delight, thoughtful that he'd give me one. While we continued to walk, going inside the diner after. The place was a bit unoccupied, I can only see a few were at this point of time. Thankful for the serenity, a faint song playing that enlightened the mood.

"What do you want to eat this time?" He asked, as we took our seats at the right side of the diner's area.

"As usual, a greasy burger would do." I replied, feeling the excitement of getting to eat one again.

Matheo signaled for the waiter to come, thoroughly taking our orders as it promised to serve our meals and will be right back.

"How's the on going project?" I inquired, interested on the matter and trying to engage his interest.

"It's ready, hopefully it will surpass last year's project." He spoke with an easy manner, eyes were hopeful and determined.

I smiled at the good news, happy that their project has come to terms after all the hectic hours and hard work.

"I'm still finding a hard time believing that you were in that car hours ago." He adds, stating a thought while his eyes were focused on me.

Flattered, I softly bite my lower lip and I couldn't help but to laugh lightly. "Is that a compliment?" I asked.

"It definitely is." He hastily replied, definitely he was serious about it.

I instantly felt a blush worked up its way on my cheeks. "I can actually do a lot of things, Theo and much to surprise you." Smiling slyly after.

He cocked his head to the side and chuckled as it made him speechless. His laugh always was a nice boyish chuckle while his eyes twinkled with mirth. Making me laugh along with him as our eyes were looking at each other's intently. When you know those moments where you just stare at each other laughing along, your eyes communicating? That definitely is what I'm talking about and it gave me tingling sensations all over my body.

Our laughter was short lived as the waiter came, handing our orders and leaving us alone to eat in peace. We ate enjoying and indulging our food in silence while the serenity of the place and the fine playlists made it all a good time and a good night.

After what felt like an hour, we were good to go. Surprisingly; Matheo had been a gentleman throughout the whole night, holding out the door for me, making sure I'd go first and from time to time he would place his hand on my lower back. It felt new, and it was a good kind of new. We finally came home and as usual our parents already slept, the lights were off and the place was as quite as it can be.

I run my hands through my hair making sure I didn't look anywhere crazy and tired, because I was under the pressure of his eyes taking a couple glances on my way. Taking his leathered jacket off of me, I felt a hand on my waist. My breath hitched, as the will to think wisely were off.

"Did you had a good time?" He asked, as his warm breath tickled my ear whilst he was behind me, and he was too close.

"I definitely did." I respond truthfully, a genuine smile on my face.