Chapter 8

The sun peeked in my bedroom window, as its vibrant rays sent glossy, gold sheen all around the room. My mind is fuzzy, the last remnants of Jack and I "hanging up" has been chased away by the realization that I'm awake again.

          With a mental sigh, I cautiously open one eye and it hit me that I hadn't took a bath, didn't even bothered to brush my teeth before going to bed and I smelled sweat, beer and most of all sex.

             You basically have to get your life back together. My inner being tells me.

          I pushed the duvet over my body and went through the comfort room. I looked into the mirror and saw my reflection staring back; groggy, hair messed up and the side of my mouth covered in drool.

            Taking the time to myself, I did the usual. I got myself a good scented bath that includes scrubbing my body and making sure I didn't smelled and had my facial routine like a pro.

         And no, that was not meant to be dirty.

          After my daily routine, I needed to eat. I felt refreshened as I was casually eating my food minding my own business with a positive mentality but eventually Matheo casually strolled into the kitchen and I knew that my day was about to end up bad.

            The kitchen started making noises as utensils were thrown into place like he was searching for something.

           Annoyed, I asked. "What are you doing?"

          "Making myself a sandwich." His brow rose, like he was thinking of something.

            "It seems like someone also had a good night. What were you up to kitten?" He asked.

          Shocked, that he comes to ask but since I was a private person and didn't bothered to share details.

         "Nothing, just had a few beers with friends." I casually said, a total lie.

         Had a few pumps, you mean.

My inner being never fails to bother me.

          "Mhmm." He murmured and I felt like he didn't even believed a word I said.

           Surprisingly we ate in silence. While on the midst of it, I actually saw him glance a few times at my direction and to think that he had a serious expression, I felt a little tension coming through.

I cleared my throat and that seemed to make him snap out of his thoughts.

"When are they coming home?" I asked taking a sip of my beverage, taking it to my advantage to make a casual talk and not to make things awkward.

  "Today, they are actually on their way."

"Shit." It that dawned me, my mother's car has not been dropped off and I don't even know where the hell I could find Logan.

"What?" He asked in a concerned voice.

"Nothing." I panic and went upstairs hastily taking my phone and I hurriedly dialed Jack's number.

Unfortunately, the phone rang for a couple of times but to no avail there was no answer. What a way to make my day glorious, I knew he works hard as a mechanic and technically he's busy.

"Fuck! Answer the phone jack." But again, the phone call came to an end and there was still no contact.

I grunt in defeat, mom will surely give me a hard time knowing that I kind of stole her car and if she arrives without the presence of it, I'm done. The fact that I've been arrested a month ago for illegally participating in a street race and gave the police a hard time chasing my ass. Luckily, with the help of Chris they bailed me out with no questions asked. Though it sure was a costly negotiation between the fucking cops.