Chapter 14

"Honey, are you okay? you look sick." Mom's face was etched into worry as she was carefully passing the plate of bacon and eggs to me.

"I'm fine mom, just tired." I replied, mouth plastered on a thin line.

Breakfast had been awkward, it was just the three of us. Chris had decided to head out earlier to attend some errands while Mom decided it would be lovely to have a quick breakfast with Matheo and I.

Today's my lucky day.

"Can you please pass me the orange juice?" my stupidity had dared me to ask my step brother.

Surprisingly, he grabs the beverage quietly as he passes it and continues to eat like I was never there.

"Thanks." I murmured, head aching I wasted no time drinking the orange juice hoping it would refreshen me from the nagging hangover.

"We've been quite busy these past weeks, a lot of transactions and all so forgive me kids if we didn't get to spend some time together. We promise we will make up from the activities that we should be spending together as a family." Mom stated, a genuine smile on her face.

I found myself agreeing as I nod my head to her statement and what I like most about mom is she never fails to give understanding and consideration, this maybe a new phase for we are a starting a new family but it never ceases to make her more compassionate.

"I understand, I've been busy as well with the company's progress but anything that could help you and dad, that would be great." Theo spoke, in just a simple conversation I had develop a liking as to how he carries himself, very business man like.

The conversation went back and forth with the two, glad that they're both getting along not that they weren't but like any other child who gets to have a new mother figure, it's been a bit distant.

"Will you please excuse me for a bit." Mom had stood from the table, anxious for the easy reach of the phone.

We sat knee deep in silence but the tension in the room was deafening. The fact that he's been ignoring me and he utterly went cold, I had totally hit a personal spot.

I was about to start a conversation when Mom went back to the dining area.
"I'm sorry, it's urgent. I have to go, see you later kids." She spoke with an apologetic smile on her face whilst a phone on her hear obviously listening intently to the caller's talk.

We weren't able to say our good byes, as she went out of the house for a split second.

I took a deep breath and I cleared my throat and it got his attention. Eyes gazing at me intently. "Theo, could you ... please pass me the plate?"

"You have hands, don't you?" His tine hung somewhere between sarcastic and annoyed.

Embarrassed, I kept my mouth shut. I can't even speak a normal way of having an apology, as I chickened out for a pair of eyes. I just totally lost my chance of having a decent talk about yesterday but I even had the guts to basically ask if him if he could pass me the plate.

"About last night ...." He started to speak and my heart had accelerated.

What about last night? Have I done something stupid? I was inside my room the whole time, was I? Thoughts raced into my mind knowing it would be pure embarrassment if I had did something stupid.

"What's last night?" I heard myself speak in a timid voice.

"You should have kept your moans in a minimum. The whole house could practically hear you." He stated, his smoldering eyes set on my direction.

It may be hard to keep my focus from the way he's been scrutinizing me. But I felt obliged to defend myself.

"I was drunk and I had no clue. The whole house have also practically heard you having sex." I responded and smile to make it seem like a statement and not a fight.

My face flushed from the embarrassment, he just heard me last night in the midst of my masturbation. I kept my head down to avoid his looks, speechless and overwhelmed about the drunken thought that I had in mind that was put into action.

I raked my hair through my fingers, feeling awkward. "But yeah, sure." I muttered.

He shot to his feet, walking a way from the table with a stern expression on his face leaving me frustrated.

Like why do I even care? He's grown, he can manage and he's fine, he will be able to adjust from my attitude. I pondered, leaving me the benefit of the doubt.

I roll my eyes like I would usually do, got to my feet and thought of all the lists that I could do for the day.

Coincidently my phone rang and reached for the gadget in my pocket, Jack's number flashed through the screen.

"Jack, what's up?" I greeted.

"Cleo, how have you been?" He asked reluctantly.

I smirked but automatically sighed as I remember so far how my day is. "Not so good, bored actually. You? a not so typical jack to call me in the morning."

I tease earning a chuckle from Jack and I can't help but laugh at his coyness. "I uh, just wanted to check up on you."

"And how nice of you to remember my well being." I fake a shock as I spoke.

On the other end of the line, I can totally sense jack scratching the back of his head and smiling to himself.

"I'm serious. You should come meet me you'll have a good time." He invitingly replied.

"Oh really? I know player, just don't get too excited if I'm near you it shortens the time, I feel unsatisfied." I continue to tease, daring him for a challenge.

He chuckles for a reply as I giggle for being flirty. "You'll see. Saturday, right?" He added.

"You know I never forget." I spoke with a tantalizing voice, adding up to the excitement.

A sound came from the refrigerator, drawing my attention. I turned to the side to take a look and I found Theo taking a casual sip of water, his face held a serious expression.

"Mmmm." A low soft indistinct sound came from his mouth, showing agreement and contentment to what I have said.

"See you babe." He adds with his typical chuckle at the end.

While on the midst of the conversation, I can see he would take a couple of glances towards me with a straight face and every now and then there would be an expression that is plastered on his face, telling me that he's annoyed.

"See you too." I murmured and the call came to an end.

Anxious of the situation I was currently int, it was best for me to give him space and avoid him at the moment.