Chapter 39

Tempting my stepbrother was easier than I thought, well that's what you get if you got someone's heart broken. I'm convinced that he only wanted me for the sexual healing that I played the role so well that in a display of my legs opened, he was already looking like a lap dog. The thing is actually called, puss-whipped.

And he definitely fucking is.

The launching of the company's new estate project is the success of the company and the most awaited event that will be held for surprising reasons, at home. Mom tells me that the company wanted simplicity for they wanted the launching to depict the Californian Dream Home and what better way to showcase the CEO's dream and the very foundation of where it all started. First thing in the morning; the house buzzed with excitement, people were working, a clatter of decorations, the arrangements and such. Just to get this all done and ready by the evening.

               On the other hand, I was trying to help the event coordinators because I'm quite positive that the place was already what you call a mansion. The event will be held at the grand entryway, at the foyer where the guests are greeted by the curved stairway,  old chandeliers were long gone and were changed into big crystal ones. The house perfectly fits the theme and the essence of the event, as it was painted of sophisticated colors and not to mention the coordinators where doing a great job. My parents and Mat were no where to be seen, while they had to run a couple of last minute errands as I was left alone to take in charge and see how everything is according to plan.

The day went on and before I knew it, the launching was about to take place. As I pass by the stairs, I took a glance at the commotion downstairs. Guests arrived by the dozen, with their expensive looking jewelries and designer clothes while caught in conversing with each other, the event is going on so far so good.

"Cleo!" Mom called out from the room next door, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I proceed, going to her room. Mom had the time to book a well known make up artist when in fact we didn't even need one, the last time I checked we knew how to do well. But I think her alter ego suggested for something else, something more extravagant this time. Slumping down the chair, the artist started to work her way on me, taking a couple of cosmetics and what felt like 30 minutes had passed, I was all set and done. By the look on my face on the mirror, I was quite surprised by the outcome. I felt really good, it was enough to give me the reason to feel excited while I force myself to socialize in a room filled with businessmen and women do their talking.

Mom had to hurry as the event was about to start in 5 minutes, while everything was in position. I had all the time to dress myself up considering that I take advantage of the fact that I was the least person to show up and there was no pressure. I was dressed in a V-neck spaghetti strap with a high slit and a backless design in my favorite color of Burgundy, the curve hugging dress accentuated my body while my smokey makeup look and my sleek straight hair completed the get-up.

After doing so, I was a bit anxious as I went down the stairs. Seeing a bunch of guests were staring, at the same time I felt that I was under the pressure in someone's eyes from afar but I smile nonchalantly walking with confidence as I continue to draw attention from women past my age and mostly desiring looks from men. A melodic play of instruments drifted through the busy atmosphere while I casually took a glass of champagne from the waiter, as mom and Chris were still busy welcoming guests and talking to some investors, I try not to mind Matheo at all cost.

"Well, isn't this a surprise." A familiar voice of a man had made me turned around, as I was caught in surprise to see who it was.

"David." I spoke but it felt like a question, astound that I actually got to see him again.