Chapter 44

"Do we really have to go?" I huffed in frustration, as my thoughts were nagging me to oppose from the plans my mother had.

               "Yes, we are expected to be at the event and I have no other ways to decline and as much as you don't want to, you have to deal with it." My mother stated, her expression was stern as I was obviously annoying her out of my actions.

                  "Fine." I spoke and walked away, going upstairs.

                  I might have sounded like a brat but can you blame me. For the nth time we had to show up on a event, as one of the investors planned. I was informed by Theo that it was just going to be a little celebratory of the success of the company's estate project. In addition, the party will start by 8:00 and  showing up in our fancy clothing is a must but all I ever wanted right now was to stay and spend the night with Matheo. I knew it was a responsibility and their priority so the other side of me was willing to go and suck it up, to not make matters worse.

                    Matheo went first because he had a last minute meeting and was needed by their investor who happens to be the host of the party. We plan to meet and be together at the event while by simply keeping it casual between us but still, I could not help it but feel giddy whenever he's around. As I decided to keep it simple, I chose to have my hair in a loose bun and I had on a black with the off shoulders body-con in a pencil slit type, with a couple of jewelries to match my look and I was ready for the night.

                    As we arrived, I noticed it was a gathering of close friends and co-workers from the company. Thankful that it wasn't as grand as I thought it would be, it wouldn't be a pressure to keep myself lively along the night. Walking inside, I did not expect to see and to be greeted by none other than Theo and Abby the conniving bitch, co-existing.

                 My blood boiled just from the fact that the two were on the same circle, when in fact I made it very clear that he should have nothing to do with her. Though they were technically at the right side of the area, where the food and beverage were placed and with a few co-workers beside them, it seems to me that the topic was formal but I lack any inch of care as I was already clenching my fist as my breath had accelerated and it took every will in my body to calm myself down and keep myself collected till the end of the evening, hopefully.

                    As if he felt like someone was watching him intently from afar, he turns around and sees me walking near our designated table as the ushers were attentive towards us, taking my attention as I cast my eyes away from him and acting unfazed of what I just saw. Unfortunately, I felt his presence beside me in a second as I saw his hand coming from a mile away to reach out to me.

                     "Don't fucking touch me." I hissed, making a distance between us while I did my best to make it as a whisper.

                    "It's not what you think it is." He calmly  stated, trying not to draw a couple of attention.

                    "I don't fucking care, the last time you told me you were done and the next thing I knew you were invested talking to that bitch." I spat, my breathing had accelerated as I was definitely mad.

                     "That's the point, I was talking to my co-worker and she was fast to approach us bringing in another investor who wanted to talk to me. Trust me Cleo, I'm doing the best that I can to steer clear away from her."

                     "Then you try harder." I demanded, as we both took a seat. Glad that mom and Chris were in the midst of talking to a friend whilst I had the time to cuss him out lovely.