Chapter 37

A couple of days have passed, I was getting good at avoiding Matheo in all cost. Thankful for his work schedule and the vast space we called home, we barely see each other around the house. He likes to wake up early while I don't and I surely keep my doors lock for any intruder. In most days I would visit Brenna and do a sleepover but usually if I stay at night in the house, I would sneak out and be at the race tracks. As I thought to steer myself away from him would keep my sanity intact and would be for the best.

               "Bitch, are you with me or not?" I asked for the nth time speaking on the phone with Brenna, her second thoughts were delaying my plans.

               Today was one of those days I plan to sneak out as I don't intend to stay for the night. It's past 8:30; dinner's done and mom and Chris were already asleep while Matheo as usual was not around and would always come home late, I don't even want to know where he's up to.

        And that's why you're going out to forget the thought of Matheo finally getting over you. My inner being tells me.

             I brush the thought off, trying to get myself focused on the plan at hand.

             "I don't know ... we have a family luncheon tomorrow, remember? Mom's gonna kill me if I wake up late tomorrow." I hear her reply midway of me thinking.

             "Fine, I'll go by myself." I sigh in defeat but still was okay as I needed the time to enjoy myself, I might as well go and take the opportunity.

             "Okay, stay safe butthole." She responds, making me laugh at the moment.

             "You too." I spoke and ended the call.

           In a hurried manner, I put on some light makeup and opted for my denim jeans and a red bralette. Satisfied, I carefully went downstairs making sure I wasn't going to wake up anyone. Thankful for the floor carpets and with small steps I was almost near on the front door.

           "Where do you think you're going?" Someone spoke behind me.

          As I was brought to a halt, mentally smacking myself in the head while I held myself in silence.

             Fuck.

              "Cleo." He spoke again, calling out my name while I hold still acting like I was oblivious of his presence.

           "Where are you off to?" He seriously spoke while my senses could feel he was coming towards me.

              I slowly turn around to see him standing before me, waiting for my answer. "Out." I briefly spoke.

             God, he looked sexy. He had on his white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and always the two buttons undone.

               "Where exactly?" Hands on his pockets while I think he was trying to read me if I could lie or not.

                 I took a deep breath and was about to say where I truly plan to go but the though of what he had done made me fucking resistant.

                "To it's none of your business." I slightly tilt my chin upward, crossing my arms across my chest.

               He chuckles like it was something to laugh at, shaking his head and looks at me. "You're not going anywhere unless I'm going with you."

                "Excuse me?" I raised my brows in disbelief, my anger was about to come.

               "Are you deaf?" He sarcastically spoke.