Chapter 46

Matheo's POV

      "To where are we going?" Cleo had asked, a look of confusion on her face.

"You'll see." I spoke briefly, on purpose of making this as a surprise date for her but knowing it makes her anxious I just have to hurry up and wait for her to see.

"Thanks, for making me anxious." She sarcastically responds, rolling her eyes at me.

I chuckle, kissing her forehead.
"Now go, I'll wait."

She grins as she looks back at me, then turns on her heel walking away to take the stairs and get herself ready.

We ended work on an early schedule, we somehow managed to close all deals and finish our transactions, giving me the time to go home and be with her. Making a plan to take her on a date, I would like to surprise her and give her the best experience. But before I went home, I came to talk to Celia and to not give her the benefit of the doubt I asked permission, casually telling her that Cleo wanted to help me meet a couple of interior designers on Malibu since she's been loving interior designing lately. Though I could not quite read her expression, she happily agreed then I was off outside, headed straight right home.

Taking a seat on the couch, waiting for her. I was good to go, as I had a minute to get ready and prepare for the plan. While she was still in the midst of making herself as she said presentable, as she took her time though I couldn't understand when she already looked stunning and beautiful, but still I waited patiently. After a minute, she came downstairs and the sight of her made me want to kiss her right here and now. She was breathtaking, while she had a tight-lipped smile and a look of question plastered across her face. It never hindered her beauty to stand out and I was too busy gazing at her. She was so natural, she was not forcing herself to be anything else and that made me love her.

As I ponder, I'm one fucking lucky man. To see her before me with a lovely smile on her face made it all too good, I just could not believe it.

"What?" She giggles.

I smile to myself, lightly shaking my head. Reaching out for her hand and wrapping my arms around her, taking her by surprise but she slowly eases into my arms, hugging me back.

"Let's go." I mutter and we went outside, a feeling of excitement came from the plan.

                  Going on our way, the road stretches forward. Through our tinted windows, are vast fields with the view of the sun, setting down as we soaked in its rays. As I let my eyes run over each hue, admiring it all at once. The more we went further, the more her eyes seemed to scanned the area, perplexed of the whole idea as to where we were off to.

                 "I think this is the part, where you take me away and kill me in a deserted area." She playfully spoke, as she pursed her lips and her eyebrows creased.

                   I chuckle, amused of her thought at this point of time. "You've been watching a hell lot of those horror movies." I comment.

                     Which was true, when I go to work she was left alone in the house and whenever I get to call her, either she's eating or watching another horror movie. As it became her habit, now she was having thoughts about it.