Chapter 28

I was walking unusually slow, mindlessly along the pavement. Thankful for the covered parking area, I was caught in the middle of finding a way to see Brenna without causing so much ruckus when in fact they were still around. My phone beeped, indicating a message as I pulled out my phone only to see 3 text messages from her.

im at the park near the resto

u definitely need to explain

where the fuck u at

I mentally facepalmed, frustrated at the idea. Now how am I suppose to explain without her getting all LAPD on me. My footsteps increase, eager to arrive turning around the corner as the park came into view. Though I basked in the fine weather, the blue skies and the ambient temperature whilst the park was a hum of activity. I was still met by Brenna, with her arms crossed as she sat on the bench with her resting bitch face and attention drawn towards me.

"And behold, she arrives." As she spoke in a story telling manner, scrunching her nose at my poor making decisions.

"What?" I exclaimed, as I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly.

"Could you please take a seat? if you think you're going to intimidate me with your posture and just let this topic go easily then your dead wrong." She stated, slowly shaking her head.

"Fuck, alright." I spoke in exasperation and followed what she said so.

The slight breeze of wind rustled the leaves, while the beam of sunlight illuminated from our direction. My eyes roamed the scenery; taking sight of the activities on the park, anything to avoid notice.

"What did just happened?" She demanded as she asked, eyes wide while she looked at me like I've grown a head or two.

"Nothing! He just wanted me to take some mails back home, okay? nothing else." I argued,  averting my eyes from her hard stare.

"You can't fool me. If I were you, I'd tell and by the look of that hickey on your chest I assume you did the dirty." She raised her brow, taunting me to spit the truth.

I looked down to see a bruise-like mark evident on my cleavage shown on the tank top I wore. I pulled my straps up, adjusting my clothe and especially my sunglasses for her not to witness that my make-up's fucked.

I took a deep breath, ready to tell the truth. "Yes, we did it alright. We've ..... fucked." I bluntly spoke and rolled my eyes at the reality.

"Since when?" She inquired, eyebrows furrowed like the matter was a puzzle.

Not a puzzle, a clusterfuck maybe.

"Since last week, it happened so fast okay. I just ..." My voice trailed off, confused of what to say.

I turn around to face her, a frown plastered on her face. Reminding me of my wise choices, Brenna had always been to judge the particular choices that I'd make. My lips pursed, waiting for her to answer.

"What is it with you and disaster, you always got to drag into one." She spoke in disbelief, as she rolled her eyes at me.

I burst in laughter, finding humor at the idea and when I cast a glance to see her passive face so I tried to stop, snorting at the process as I did so.

"I'm sorry." Trying my best to muster up a stone expression but the small smile on my face said so.

"You really got a thick head, huh? I hope you knew what you got yourself into." Her face etched into worry, eyes searching for my features.