Chapter 21

Matheo's POV

     "Sir, the publishing company wants to have a meeting with you today. To what time would you like the meeting to be held?" Karen, my secretary spoke with papers compiled on her hand trying to keep up with me.

"Postpone the meeting, I have other important things to do." I spoke in a passive manner, brows furrowed.

"Okay, sir." She replied faintly, Karen knew when to keep her mouth shut.

It was quite strange that I wasn't in the mood for today. I came to work earlier than I have expected, expecting to work ten times harder for the company but things have turned the wrong way. Walking through the 5th floor of the building greeted by co workers and staffs, I briefly responded.

Fiennes Realty Corporation; a residential development company that holds rental units and real estates in parts of California, our company is highly sought for selling premium properties over conventional contemporaries. As a sales and marketing executive director I mostly spend my time in the office for my ideas and for the sole reason of getting that load of money for the company.

I looked around, observing and checking the progress of our latest real estate projects that have drawn the attention of the media and publishing companies the fact that my department is liable for the company's projects I was expected to do the best of my efforts and as I've said before, I thrive for the challenge.

Taking the time hearing my coworkers's feedback about the project, a familiar voice echoed through the hallway gathering everyone's attention.

"Matheo." I turned around to take a look, Dad sauntered the hall as he carried himself well and put together with both personnel behind his back following his orders.

After a few nods and a court greeting to his employees he immediately gestures for me to excuse myself at the conversation and I politely did for he was in a hurry.

"Are there any concerns?" I spoke curious, odd that he had the time to see me at this point of time when he should be at a convention.

"Yes, I wanted to see the planning of the new estate we have in Santa Clara. I'd like a platform for the project's transactions and for its advertising, we would need more investors on this." He spoke firmly about the topic.

           "Sure, I will have Karen sent it to your office. No worries." I responded, as I strongly assert the situation.

            When it comes to the workplace, I prefer to keep it professional. Just because I'm the son of the CEO's company doesn't mean I can easily climb up the ladder with "daddy's help." I have earned what it takes to be the company's director and I can sure as hell prove it and make it on my own.

         "How's Cleo?" A sudden question had pulled me out of my thoughts.

           Cleo. To what word can I put it, temptation and hell had cast upon this being.

           "-Celia's been worried about her because most of the time we are not around. How is she?" Dad questioned, faced concerned.

           I swallowed down a lump in my throat and forced myself to speak an answer.

          "She's fine, I've been keeping tabs on her."