Chapter 40

Matheo's POV

           The awaited grand real estate launching event for this year's company was about to take place. Proud that the years of planning has finally come up with an excellent outcome. Businessmen, investors, reporters, publishing company and different organizations are expected to come to witness the newest project of Fiennes Realty's. As promised, the company does not disappoint.

             The reason why I've been attentive to some last minute errands is to make sure that everything will go smoothly and to avoid any malfunction on the event that was about to set. After lunch, I took the time to prepare and was already downstairs as I accompany a few guests who had arrived early. The time passed, our entryway was already brimming with guests. While I spot a few interested visitors that I could talk to for the night, my eyes were still expecting too see someone else but by the time the event was about to begin, I might as well have false hope that she'd show up.

                   After a short message I had given and with a few notable individuals that had made the project possible, we were onto the celebration. Champagne-baring waiters were on standby, good instrumental music, as booze and the light chatter of people filled the atmosphere. While I made myself busy, accommodating a few guests and even made a couple of contract deals for the betterment of the upcoming projects that the company will set for the new year. Mind on track, I was having a good time taking this as an opportunity to gain a lot of money. In the midst of doing one, a familiar figure appeared going down the staircase.

I was lost for words. As I try to think clearly, my attention was already divided as I was drawn to her allure. Cleo, I was positive that she was the attention of the night. She looked beautiful but mostly lethal; the way her hips sensually moved, her figure shown in all of the right ways as her body moved gracefully while her eyes were inviting. The more I pay attention to her, the more she took my breath away and the more did my cock stirred.

I wonder how she would look like naked and again spread-eagle on my bed tonight.

As expected, her eyes never looked my way. Instead, she kept her distance always at the far back while she tries to make an enjoyment out of her boredom. I leave her be, as I made my time productive while I try not to ogle like a mad man at my step sister for every 5 seconds.

Things were going good, everyone else was having a good time. The new project had been revealed and we couldn't be any happier, while I've forgotten the thought of her for a while, I decided to check in on her from a distance. What surprised me the most is Cleo had company, and if I'm correct, a man she was with past her age. They seemed to be having a good time and with no hesitations, my steps had brought me towards them as I clear my throat interrupting both.

                 "Cleo." I spoke with seriousness, doubtful of the man's intention.

                "Mat." She might have spoke it with the unfriendliest tone but thank fuck, she did acknowledged me.

                I held my silence as I look at the guy, slightly tilted my chin upwards while I held my stance.

                He better not fucking touch her.

               "Um ... Mat, you have met my friend right?" Still calling me by my first name, I thought of the longing feeling of how she had a name given just for me.

                  As I brush the thought off, I clear my throat to answer. "No, I haven't." I spoke in a passive manner.

                "Well ... Mat this is David, David this is Mat, my stepbrother." As she introduces us both, trying to tone down the pressure between us men.