Chapter 51

Matheo's POV

"Where are we going?" She asked midway as I drove through the silent night, mentally trying to think of plan.

                "A place to sleep in for the night." I answered, making it a task to throughly think of the plans ahead.

"Okay." She replied in a impassive manner, turning away from me as she looked through the window.

Despite the divided attention, I kept an eye on the road driving straight towards our destination. Knowing she was under a whole lot of stress at this point of time, it would best to give her the time to relax and the rest of the plans will follow after. A hotel in downtown appeared on my sight and as we approached the establishment, I put the car to a stop as I turned to my side to see a defeated look on her face.

"I won't let anything happen to you, okay?" I spoke, reaching out to caress her cheek for encouragement.

"I know." She responds short as she forces to flash me a small smile but her features held a blank expression, not in the mood to talk.

               Once we got accommodated, she went straight to the bed to take a seat as she frustratedly ran her fingers through her hair and an exasperated grunt came after her mouth. Closing the door, I took a seat beside her.

"Go get some sleep, babygirl." I said, making sure she gets the care that she needs and especially for the baby.

"I'll be fine. You go get some sleep, I don't even feel like sleeping ... I'm sure you're tired from all the work done." She responds worriedly, blankly staring into space.

"I can manage. It's you who I'm worried about." I spoke, surprised that I was in no time for sleep from all the problems that I had encountered lately.

                "I said I'll be fine. Alright?" She snapped, and her eyes were momentarily at my direction.

                 I couldn't help but to chuckle, amused as to how I have no clue of her sudden behavior.

                "I'm just doing what's best for you. But if you can't help me—"

                 "Can't help me or what? I just needed to think and you can't even shut up for five seconds." She scolded, basically glaring at me as she shrugged her shoulders.

                "My apologies that I could not even shut my mouth for five seconds. But what is this all about? You getting all angry, am I supposed to be the problem in here?" I sarcastically respond, frowning as I have a hard time understanding her point.

                "Well I don't fucking know! Be my guess, that is why I was trying to think!" She countered as she was practically raising her voice.

                "Really? You don't know?" I mischievously smirk and like a clue came out of the puzzle, I think I already know what this all is about.

                 "Oh, I know ..." I mutter, as I stood and walked away.

                 "Where the hell are you going?" She said, as she demanded for an answer, stopping me in my tracks.

               Despite her being mad, it was evident that she was worried as her voice was filled with concern in all of a sudden. Where am I off to? outside, to take a breather and give her the space that she'll need but not until I had expressed my thoughts out.