Chapter 12

"So how's been your new household? Is there any fun? I bet there is." For the third time, Brenna sucks when it comes to an approach of inquiring questions.

              "Geez, could you be more blunt brenna. There is nothing to tell, alright?" Emphasizing a word and flashing her a brief smile hoping I'd convince her and drop the topic.

                 When it comes to keeping secrets, she can see right through my cracks specifically when I'm lying and I'm not ready to tell her that I had the greatest time of my life, by being fingered under the table by a smoldering man that happens to be my step brother and how gladly I'd say yes if we were to fuck by any chance.

                    "Ugh, fine." She huffs, frustrated but convinced that I had nothing to tell.

                     I had happen to pass by at Brenna's which had turned into a day full of gossips, a relief that it was a breathe of fresh air than rather battle my sexual instincts when it comes down to my step brother. Speaking of, I was actually lucky that I didn't get to see him first thing in the morning but the high chances of seeing him around the house terrifies me of what we could possibly do next.

                  "Girl, I forgot to tell you but Kyle's been coming here to ask me where you moved off to. I kept on lying but the guy doesn't really buy my shit. Were lucky, my parents are not here most of the time so they don't get to see the whole sob story." Her expression filled with worry, Kyle could be too much to handle.

                  "I'm sorry brenna, I should have handled this way better than I thought." I replied, giving her a sense of concern and assurance.

                  "It's fine, just be careful okay. I know that he's trouble but you really have to settle this for him to stop." She responded and I nod whilst giving her a hug.

                  We stayed seated on the sofa, casually watching a show as I became silent through the whole time it aired on the television as I was busy pondering of what could I possibly do to get Kyle to stop, it's been bothering Brenna and so I know it would trouble me. Therefore, I got to have some guts and have a conversation with the guy or this whole issue would blow out of proportion.

                    I stood up as Brenna was about to comprehend what I would do. "Look, I'm going to Kyle's. I gotta have to talk to him for this has been starting to concern you and I don't want him to pop up anywhere else near us. I'll be careful, okay? I'll talk to you after." I stated and Brenna seemed to have agreed on my decision.

                    "You go girl, just be careful and no make up sex. Okay?" Brenna jokingly adds as I was about to get the car that I have sneakily borrowed from Chris.

                    "Never! the sex was bad!" I belted as she cringes from my reply earning a laughter after that  from us both.

                     We waved our farewells and I wasted no time as I had to get on to my next destination.

🌹 🌹

                      As I approached the gates, a fancy wrought iron in a grey stone wall. The house behind it had been a desirable country home that had a lot of neighbors envy. While I was taken aback as a flood of memories came, although I wouldn't consider it as a precious one but I would be a hypocrite to disregard the fact that I had fun being with Kyle, we would mostly make out and have sex while I was trying to convince myself that I have to fake it till I make it. Now, that was the type of fun.

                      "Cleo." Surprised by the sound of his voice, I was not so sure wether to turn around and acknowledge or run for the hills.