Chapter 24

"Honey, sorry for such a short notice Chris couldn't make it for today. I figured you can lend me a help at my office." Mom apologizing for the nth time and taking a couple glances at me, her eyebrows furrowed, eyes tight and worried.

"Mom, it's fine. It's the least I can do seeing I've been the least productive at the family." I frown at the thought.

To wake up with the sound of my mother's voice violently shaking me, I somehow managed to stand up on my groggy state. Now I'm at the bathroom trying to make myself look presentable with a tucked in v-neck long sleeve blouse paired it with my high waist denim jeans and my Old Skool vans since I couldn't handle heels at a full length of the day but not to sound cocky, look who's still fuckable and presentable at the same time.

Satisfied; I moved downstairs as the car awaits taking us to the company. The drive took us time for we were caught in a rush hour, employees making their way to their respective companies, cars of business professionals were in sight and Mom was already tapping her foot, impatiently waiting to arrive. Minutes have passed, we have arrived safely wasting no time as we got inside the building.

                      In awe of its structure, the building definitely depicts realty. My eyes roamed in search of great details and fine structures of the building, it was a jungle of steel and glass, the walls were the colors of beige, minimal designs around the place that made its facade sophisticated and well put together.

                     "I know honey, isn't it amazing?" Mom questioned with a beaming face as she noticed I was silently watching the interior of the building.

                      "It's wonderful actually." I replied as I smiled back at her, amazed by it all.

                 Striding the hallway on the 4th floor, a few common courtesy were given. Thankful that I had wore something casual and noticeable, a few glances were thrown on my way.

              As we turned to the left side of the hall, a man in his well tailored suit came in sight focused and were making people busy. By the looks and the stance of it, I already knew who it was.

"This is mediocre, I don't even like any single detail in here. Make another one." He ordered as his voice bellowed to the employee, lips pressed tight and shaking his head in a disappointed manner.

                 Seems like someone's having a bad day.

But to see him all intense and focused, I felt a wave of sensation throughout my body. Aroused, I kept a straight face on slightly tilting my head back with a demure position while I tried to hold myself back and pretend that I never saw him in the first place. While I could still hear him complain and at the same time speak a few agreements; like time was was bound to our sexual tension, I dared to take a look and when I did, he was already watching.

                      My eyes were glued to his features while his eyes were hooded and distracted from the employee not quite trying to pay attention as he was intensely looking back at me and with the expression plastered on our faces the room felt too little to breathe.

                       "Here we are." Mom spoke, breaking my contact with Matheo. Distracting me as well, her voice excited and the corners of her mouth are turned upwards.

                        I ponder the idea of the interaction a few minutes ago. What felt like a casual eye contact between us became a contest, his eyes were like melted chocolate as they look golden with warmth and yet they were careless as hell. Trying to shake off the unpleasant thought, I tried to focus what Mom was about to say.

                        "Dear, could you please stack and arrange these papers from their stamp of date?" Mom kindly asked as she stood at the side table fixing some papers.

                       "Sure." I replied, coming to help her.

                    Mom's office was the typical work place, she had those minimal designs, a soft color tinted on her walls and a small view of the city. So I get on to the work, carefully stacking the papers with a thorough detail on each making sure I've done the right thing. 

                    "These sure are some big losses, how can they be able to pay this kind of debt." I spoke a thought as I red a couple of papers.

                      "I know right, the apartment units had been headache for a couple of months honey. When they fail to pay, we confiscate and that's the point why the company's trying to build another project to attract more investors this time." She said with a small smile on her face, having a lot of work to do.

                       I kept my mouth in silence as I try to process on her response while I made sure that everything was in place, I was already finished. With a satisfied smile I placed the papers carefully to the side of the table. The hard worker that she is, thinks that having a secretary is pointless so the whole morning consisted of me trying to help my mother out; to answering her personal phone calls, arranging business papers and making a list of her daily activities since she's been forgetful at this point of time.

                        "Honey, could you please give this to Matheo? Karen her secretary forgot to go by my office to get these papers." She said eyes busy on her paperwork.

                          "Sure." I respond in agreement, as I grab the portfolio and left her office.

                           Asking for directions had been easy and probably because his name was engraved on a silver name plate outside his door along with the position he acquired in the company, as I near his office a woman was in the reception desk with her head focused on some matter and it seems to me that this was her secretary.

                         "Hi. What can I do for you?" She greeted as soon as I have arrived with her bubbly personality.

                         "Hi, I'm Cleo. Is Matheo around? Mom wanted to bring these papers." Having no idea how to formally put the thought into question, I spoke straight away.

                          "Ms.Cleo, a pleasure to meet you. I have heard things about you. Your mother likes to talk about you at times." Karen, I assume smiled with delight after her response.

                           I chuckle at the thought, while I try my best not to cringe, never was pleased that I could be a topic of someone's conversation let alone my mother's way of conversing to someone.

                         As if she could notice, she spoke. "Oh- this way. I'd drop by at your mother's office later, thank you for bringing these by the way. Week's been hectic I forgot. Just wait for a minute." As she dialed a few numbers.

                      "Sure." I faintly respond as I wait for a minute, patiently waiting.

                      The telephone rang and a couple of seconds, their conversation started.

                       "Yes, Ms. Cleo. She's outside waiting." She replied then silence took over, while she was trying to listen on the other line.

                       "Will do Sir." She responds then ends the call, a smile on her face.

                        "Mr.Fiennes tells me you can come on in as soon as possible, the doors are open and ready for you." She instructed with an eager and attentive manner.

                       As she uttered those words, it was enough to make me feel giddy already and my body anticipating. As ready as I always was, I swing the door open.