How Much

"He said what!?" Maisey screeched as we sat in my office. I shushed her by throwing a wadded up piece of paper at her.

"He said he'd be more than happy to start a family with me, but we've only been together for 8 months." I whined.

"Technically a year and a half." She corrected me.

"No, 8 months." I stared at her.

"Year and a half." She stated again.

"No. 8 months, because my dumb ass dumped him." I corrected her. She rolled her eyes.

"You guys never stopped loving each other though." Jon walked in. I groaned and looked at him.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, Jon and I had always been very close.

"Just wanted to see if you two ladies would like to join an On The Spot this friday." Jon smiled, resting his hands on Maisey's shoulders. They were really cute together. I'm glad they had each other.

"I'm down." Maisey and I said, at the same time. Jon chuckled and nodded, closing the door behind him when he left.

"He's right." Maisey spoke once Jon had left.

"About?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You two never stopped loving each other. I know I wasn't there while you two were separated, but you two never quit loving each other. I can see it in the way you look at each other, especially when theres kids around. Oh god, the way Gavin looks at you, there's so much love welled up into his little British heart. You two are soulmates." She pointed her finger at me as she spoke. I stared at her in disbelief.

"I mean, I do love him, but I don't think we're soul mates. We're polar opposites." I shrugged, I never understood the term 'soul mates.'

"Opposites attract Gabi! You're quiet, and smart. He's loud and dumb!" I wanted to speak up, I never thought Gavin was dumb. I never thought anything about him was bad. That's just who he is. He didn't have any flaws to me. "You're the total opposite of everyone in the office. You're probably the most quiet and introverted one here. I've only worked here 3 months, but seriously, you may be every where in this company, but you seriously are so quiet. It's a miracle that you and Gavin get along." she chuckled and I raised an eyebrow. "I mean in terms of like, he's loud and you're quiet. ok I'm not getting anywhere with this." She shook her head. "Doesn't matter. Opposites attract, and even if you don't believe you two are each others soul mates, you two are perfect for each other. Like, youre the love of each others lives." She smiled, causing me to smile too.

"If soulmates were real, I don't think I'm Gavin's. Michael's his soulmate." I said, playing with my fingers.

"Well, that may be true. But there's still not a doubt you two were meant for each other." She patted my hand. "I've got work to do. I love you." She smiled and I nodded, watching her leave my office. I sighed and slumped back in my chair.

"Hey, I know you probably hate me but we have to go do some lines." Miles knocked on the door, looking up at me. I nodded and got up, grabbing my phone and following Miles to the recording booth. Lindsay and Michael were there too. Lindsay waved at me and I waved back.

I sat down on the couch, watching Lindsay deliver her lines. When she left Miles beckoned me to the booth. We did our normal routine and waited for Geoff, Matt and Gus to come deliver lines for RvB. I delivered my lines too and I was back in my office two hours later. Gavin texted me about food but I ignored it. I was just tired and wanted to go home.

I turned on my monitor and logged into my account to work on some animation for RWBY.

There was a soft knock on the door, and I glanced up to see Gavin standing in the door way. I smiled widely and tilted my head up to look at him properly. A huge grin plastered on his face.

"I know you didn't answer me about lunch, but I got you something anyways. I went to Chipotle and got you the veggie tofu bowl." Gavin smiled widely at me, setting the bowl on my desk. I hadn't eaten all day, and I still wasn't hungry. Everything made me nauseous, and I haven't had an appetite for about a week.

"Aw thank you." I returned the smile and he sat down in the seat next to mine.

"You're welcome, love. What are you working on?" He asked, looking over at my screen.

"Just a RWBY fight scene." I shrugged, looking back at him.

"Can I see it?" He asked and I shrugged again. I played it back for him, there was only like 5 seconds of it done. Gavin kissed my shoulder and looked up at me when the clip was done.

"It looks good so far." He said, smiling.

"It's 5 seconds long." I raised an eyebrow, as he looked at me.

"So? It still looks bloody amazing." He chuckled, patting my knee. He frowned when he realized there was something wrong. "What's going on, doll?" He put both his hands on my knees, looking deeply into my eyes, as if the answers were there.

"I don't know. I'm just kinda exhausted. I want to just, leave. ya know." I shrugged. I had no idea why I was acting this way. Maybe a vacation would help? But Gavin just came back from England, but I don't wanna go anywhere alone. I want Gavin to come with.

"Would you like to come to New York with me?" He asked, tilting his head.

"Is it for work?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. He nodded reluctantly. I shook my head.

"But- you just said you wanted to leave?" Gavin seemed upset at what I had just done.

"I want to go somewhere with you. Not for work. Just a fucking vacation. We always travel for work, even when we visit your parents, you always find work to do. I'm not complaining, but Gavin, I just want like a week with you where we don't have to work. Where we can just lay around in bed all day and don't have to worry about Geoff calling us in, or Dan or George screaming at you. I just want YOU and I." I ranted as he watched me.

"Well, now I feel like I'm leaving to New York and leaving you behind." He frowned. "Let's make a trip, when I get back. Let's go to Spain, or something!" His frown turned into a smile as he squeezed my knees. I giggled and took his hands.

"How about Iceland? I hear they have gnarly hikes." I giggled, watching my boyfriend slump down in his chair.

"Poppet! I hate hikes!" He groaned.

"But, I like them. So you like them." I laughed, causing a smile to creep across his face once more. He sat up and looked at me.

"Have I ever told you, how in love I am with you?" He grabbed my chin, gently. I blushed and looked down at my lap, shaking my head. He lifted my head and planted a kiss on my forehead. "I love you." He kissed my nose. "So, fucking, much." He kissed my lips repeatedly, causing a blush to creep all over my face. He pulled away and looked at me. "It's insane how much I love you." He chuckled, kissing me again and getting up afterwards. He walked out of my office w his food and shut my door.

I have no idea what had just happened, but I like that Gavin a lot and wish I saw that side of him more.