Chapter Twenty

Katherine's POV

When I woke up this morning I didn't jump out and run to the bathroom as usual. 

I lay down, put my hands behind my head and thought. For a long time. About what happened last night. It wasn't a dream, I was sure of that.

I got up, did the usual, and went downstairs. Everyone except Carlisle and Esme were there.

"Good morning," I said.

They all responded.

"Sleep well?" Edward asked me.

I knew he was worrying if I had any nightmares about what I saw last night with him and the deer. "Perfect."

After I pulled put a glass from the cupboard and turned around, everyone's eyes were on me. "What?"

"You two, just had a conversation, and there were no insults?" Emmett asked, looking as though he was in shock.

Oh right we were suppose to hate each other. I poured out a glass of orange juice.

"Yeah well, he's ok, I guess," I told him.

No need for Emmett, or anyone else, to know about that. Just then, the doorbell rang and two seconds later it opened.

Bella walked in. Ew. I still hate her, but that's not really news. She walked over to Edward and kissed him.

Immediately, I wanted to punch her in the face. Not that I don't always want to do that but now I have an actual reason.

Why was I so mad? I didn't like Edward. I didn't. I didn't. I think.

I turned my back to them. I couldn't see anymore of it.

"I'll be up in my room if anyone needs me," I said loudly and set down my glass and went upstairs.

Edward's POV

The minute Bella walked in, I felt worried. She came over and kissed me.

Not as good a kisser as Katherine though. Wait, when did I start comparing Bella to Katherine?

I gently pulled pushed her away, just in time to hear Kat say she'll be up in her room. "So Edward, what do you wanna do today?" Bella asked.

I looked down at her, trying to think of something to say. You know, I never realized how boring she was.

She had the same facial expression no matter what. Geez, look alive. I don't have to, I'm dead. 

"Uh, I have to hunt, I didn't feed for a long time. Sorry Bella," I told her.

"Don't worry Edward. I'm not afraid of you." What does that have to do with anything?

"I have to go. Talk to you tomorrow Bella." I turned around and went upstairs, leaving her there.

Yeah I felt bad but so what? It's not as if it would show on her face anyway. She always looks the same.

I looked for Kat's room and knocked on her door.

"Come in, whoever you are," she sighed. I pushed open her door.

"Hi," I said. She looked up at me.

"Hi." Kat turned away.

"I'm sorry Kat," I said. It must have hurt when Bella kissed me.

"It's fine, don't worry about it," she said, still not looking at me in the eye.

"Kat please look at me."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

I sighed. "What did I do?"

"You want to know what you did?!?! You kissed me then you just kiss Bella? What are you Edward a player or something? Why would you kiss me if you were with Bella? Why? And now make me go through this feeling everytime I see you with her? Gosh, now I know why I hat--"

I cut her off by pressing my lips against hers. I didn't want to hear her say it. I couldn't.

Kat struggled to push me off, but I just wrapped my arms around her waist, pulled her close to me and kissed her deeper.

Slowly, she stopped fighting and kissed me back. Kat put her arms around my neck and tangled her other hand in my hair.

It felt so good. I pressed one hand against her cheek and kissed her harder. She moaned.

After a few minutes, we pulled away. I pressed my forehead against hers. "Forgive me?" I pleaded.

"I-I don't know Edward," she sighed, pulling away.

"Why?" already missing the feel of her in my arms.

"Because I don't want to get that feeling again whenever Bella comes over," she said and walked out.

I, like an idiot, just stood there. After ten minutes I went into my own room. Did she really feel that way?

Of course she did, Edward, you fool. Where did Katherine go? I had to find her. I needed her.

Where did she usually go when she needed to get away? 

. . .

The forest? Oh yeah the forest. I leaped out the window and ran through the trees, desperate to find her.  Because I just realized that what I never thought would happen a few days ago happened.

I had developed feelings for Katherine.