Chapter Fifty One

Katherine’s POV

We began to walk up the aisle, slowly in time to the extremely slow music. Yeah, I know it’s my wedding, but who chose the song for the first wedding?

And why did it have to be the same for all weddings?

I kept a smile on my face, which was easy, and looked around at the congregation.

Everyone was smiling at me, which was nice, but creepy. They all had smiles, but some didn’t look genuine, mostly belonging to the girls.

The strawberry blond, Tanya, her smile was pasted on, but it looked cold. I took my glance away from her. I never met her! How could she not like me?

Or was it because of the person I was marrying? I waved the thought from my mind.

I looked around at the others. They were all young, all the same age since they were turned, but could see some of the older ones.

They looked more experienced, genuinely happy, and had a motherly look, like Esme.

Finally, I looked at Edward. He stood there, looking perfect as ever, smiling at me. For no reason, I felt embarrassed. 

The aisle was pretty long, so I took my time, taking in everyone. Emmett gave me a huge thumbs up, and Jasper nodded to me, smiling.

Leah was looking at me in awe, and Alice and Rosalie looked as though they would burst into tears. I felt as though I would myself.

Esme took me in proudly, as did Emily, and the entire pack looked happy. Seth and Embry had tears in their eyes, and Jacob, was, well, doing a look only Jacob can do.

Sam didn’t have any emotion on his face, but when he saw me looking at him, he nodded. I nodded discreetly back.

It was his way of saying he approved. The whole pack looked rather uncomfortable though, guess the scent was too much for them.

Suddenly, I felt Carlisle let go of my arm. I looked at him in surprise, until I realized we’d reached the end of the aisle.

Oh, silly me.

I took Edward’s outstretched hand and let him take me next to him. The minister started the ceremony.

“Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today to celebrate…” I stopped paying attention at there, considering I knew what he would say already.

I’m not going to lie, this was my wedding and it was supposed to be amazing and special for us.

But this was extremely boring.

All the minister did was rant on and on about how special young love is. It felt like an hour before he got to the vows.

Edward looked as though he was trying to hold in laughter. Dude was probably reading my mind.

I am pretty hilarious.

I began paying attention at the vows. Soon, they got to the ‘I do’ part.

Edward said his firmly and happily, and I mirrored him.

“You may now kiss the bride,” said the minister.

He pulled me swiftly to him and pressed a passionate kiss to my lips, which I returned. I didn’t want it to end, but we were in front of an audience.

Edward and I pulled away gently, and turned to everyone.

“I now present Mr. and Mrs. Cullen,” the minister announced.