Chapter Thirty Nine

Hi everyone, do me a favour and check out this book, "The Immortal Hunter". If you like Twilight, you should like this book. Do it for my friend, thank you!

_________________________________________________________________

Katherine's POV

I was getting tired. Not as in weary, but tired of getting lost. Did I really go that far in the forest?

Stopping, I turned around. Hey, I remember that tree. It's the one Jacob had put me in and refused to take me down.

Well, let's go that way.

I started running,but something stopped me in my path.

Shoot. I forgot about him. It was one of the five vampires. I'm gonna nickname him Ooftv. Get it?

(Abbreviation without the full stops for 'one of the five')

"Please, just leave me alone. Please." I really wasn't in the mood to fight anyone right now. I didn't even want to fight Bella. Wasn't that proof enough?

"Why? Think of how Aro and Marcus will repay me for bringing them what they seek," Ootfv said, staring off into space.

I smirked. "Bad news Ooftv, they're dead. So please, go away."

"What did you call me?"

"Nothing, so bye!" I turned to run but he caught me by the wrist.

"Not so fast," he said.

"What could you possibly want with me now?" I demanded.

"Well, you've caused an awful lot of trouble for me, haven't you?" he asked, glaring at me.

Probably did, just don't know what I did. "What did I do?"

Ooftv's face darkened. "You and your silly friends killed all of my friends! And you will not get away with it!"

"Okay, seriously dude? Revenge? What happened to karma?" I asked.

He reached his hand toward my neck. I yanked myself from his wrist and ducked before he could catch me.

Darting behind him, with a quick move, I popped his head straight off his shoulders.

Dodging his flailing arms, I dismembered him, then realized I didn't have anything to start a fire with.

The fire we used to burn the last of the Volturi had already gone out. I could see his fingers twitching around.

Oh dear.

Suddenly, Leah appeared next to me, matches in her hand. "Go, and good luck Kat," she said, smiling.

"Thank you," I whispered before rushing off. The Cullens' house came into view after retracing my steps a few times.

I ran up to the door at human speed and took a deep breath. I was afraid of what I would see. 

Edward and Bella? What if Edward didn't believe me? What if Bella convinced him that she's the real Kat?

And worst of all, what if Edward believes her?

Well, I'll never know unless I open the door. I turned the knob and pushed it slowly. No one.

Good or bad?

I didn't want to call out, for no reason in particular. Walking into the kitchen, I saw chunks of white all over.

Sucking in a breath, I realized it was me. Well Bella, but in my form. So they found out...

I kicked the head until it rolled over. Hm, Bella was changing back. Her eyes were wide open, but they were red, instead of my colour, green.