Chapter Thirty Two

Katherine's POV

We were running through the forest. Carlisle wasn't sure where it was, but he figured it was the same place Victoria turned me.

So I ended up in front. Thankfully I remembered where it was. Even though I had to backtrack a couple of times.

Soon, we were there. I had on a brave face but inside, I was freaking out. A wave of calmness washed over me all of a sudden.

I smiled at Jasper and thanked him. If it wasn't for him, I'd probably go ballistic. Edward wrapped his arm around my waist.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Bella give me a nasty look and walk off. 

He pulled me towards his chest. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Terrified."

He kissed me. "Don't be. We'll win. And we will all survive. Okay?"

I nodded. "Okay."

Edward kissed my neck. I sighed deeply, trying to calm myself. He looked at me. He took one look at my face and crushed me against his chest.

I buried my face in his shirt. I wanted to cry. He pressed his lips on my head. I then realized what scared me the most.

I was scared of losing him.

Edward pulled away and pressed his forehead against mine. "Don't worry. I'll always be here for you," he whispered.

I nodded. He pressed his lips against my mouth, a kiss filled with so much passion. 

I kissed him back with just as much passion. "They're coming!" cried Rosalie.

Edward and I broke away. I took in a deep breath. I could smell them. I didn't know what they smelt like, but the scent in the air changed from leaves and whatever else.

Edward gave me one last kiss, before going over to stand at Alice's side.

Jasper arranged us in a sort of line. I was Edward and I were at both ends. I blinked.

When I opened my eyes, the Volturi stood in front of us. Geez, they got here pretty fast.

"So," Caius was the first to speak. "Hand it over, and we will leave peacefully."

I AM NOT AN IT!!! 

"I'm sorry, but we cannot do that, Caius," answered Carlisle, his voice sounding confident.

"And I'm guessing you are this...this abomination we have heard about?" asked Aro, gesturing towards me.

I nodded. "Well, we shall have to finish you off and take the thing with us then," said Jane smiling sweetly at all of us.

A cold smile. Alec stared at me. Red eyes. I knew vampires had them but the still gave me chills.

Five more vampires stepped out of the shadows. We were outnumbered by one. But they were old and more experienced.

It was like us against a thousand vampires.

"Ah, wait Jane. Why don't we let the thing decide whether or not she's coming? Are you?" asked Marcus.

"Never," I spat out.

Jane smiled even colder. She lifted her head just a fraction. I guess she was doing the hurt thing.

Apparently Bella had up the shield. Jane's smile disappeared. Her face became dark. Her eyes flashed.

She was probably putting more pain or whatever you call it.