Chapter Thirty Eight

Dear ZoEy16,

Remember how you said I should make a super long chapter just for you and I said I might? Well here you go, thank you so much for commenting on nearly every chapter I wrote, it's helped a lot. Now go read my story!!! :D

______________________________________________________________________

Edward's POV

I sat on the couch, waiting for Kat to get back. She went in the forest, I knew that for sure.

So adventurous, I loved it. I loved her as well.

And that's why I was going to ask her to marry me. Soon, I'm not sure when, but I will.

I was about to pick up the remote and turn on the TV when Katherine burst in through the door. I smiled.

"Kat, love, this is the longest you've spent in the forest," I said, kissing her sweetly on the lips.

"There was a lot to see," she said, smiling back at me.

I took her hand and led her to the kitchen. It was already night, and even though she might not be hungry, I still wanted her to eat something.

I just made a simple sandwich for her, even though she knew how to do that without burning down the house.

Kat took the plate and ate slowly, staring off into space. "What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Nothing, why?"

"I don't know, you're just not acting like yourself. More quiet than usual," I said, grinning at her.

"Yeah, just you know...thinking," she said, giving me a small smile.

"What about?" I asked her curiously, while washing her plate.

"Us."

"Well, what about us?" I asked, putting away the plate and coming up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Just, replaying our past. You know, like how you always used to stare at me in cla-- I mean, how we hated each other and look at us now." She laughed nervously.

"That's the funny thing about love, sweetheart." I pecked her cheek. Katherine leaned her head back into my shoulder.

I spun her around and kissed her. She smiled, then pulled my head closer. Odd though. Her kiss didn't feel like it used to be.

Felt more, sloppy. Did something happen to her in the forest? Something she's not telling me? She was kissing like...like Bella.

I drew away. "What's wrong?" she asked.

I stared in her eyes. I could've sworn I saw something red flash in them. "Nothing Kat, I just...feel really tired. I'm just gonna go up to my room."

"Okay..." she looked at me uncertainly before leaving the kitchen. I pressed my hands against the counter.

Something wasn't right.

Glancing out the kitchen, I saw her sitting on the couch laughing at something on the TV. It was Shake It Up.

She was laughing at something on Shake It Up. Katherine hated that show more than anything. Why was she laughing at it? Their jokes were terrible.

I saw her change the channel. Ok, maybe she was just flipping through and that joke was rarely funny. 

She probably wasn't watching it at all. The other channel was showing Harry Potter, the third one, I think.

And then I saw something that Katherine Dobrev would NEVER do.